SIG Talk banner

The SIG I am Missing

4013 60
So, I am feeling like I am short one SIG right now.

You can see my mix in my signature, but I feel like I might be missing one in my line up. It is definitely in the metal line up and while it is easy to say that it is the P226 or P220, I have had both of those and liked them but did not love them. So they got sold.

I am thinking it is one of the following;

P225 - but I am not sure what I would do with a single stack gun that is almost as big and weighs as much as my P229c.

P229 SAS - simply because, well its a really nice carry gun. However, my confirmed EDC (right now) is the P320 Compact in 357 SIG and I don't see that changing.

P229 Classic Carry - this is that Talo setup out there that has the older slimmer frame that uses the old mags and the short extractor legacy slide. I do like the legacy slide.

Thoughts, suggestions?
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Well, here is my opinion no extra charge. By the way I am Texan by marriage.

P225. I own a P239 9 mm SAS. Slim but single stack mags. Would have the same situation with a P225A1. If a nice old P225 surfaced I might buy it for old fashion sake.
P229 SAS. This is my EDC. Love it. Original configuration is 9mm new long extractor slide. Added 40 S&W Caliber Xchange Kit with legacy SAS slide, 357 SIG barrel and Bar-Sto 9 mm conversion barrel and AC flat adjustable trigger. Love every configuration. IMHO the P229 SAS is the real Classic SIG.
P229 Classic Carry Talo. Nice configuration with legacy slide. One of the reasons I bought the Xchange legacy kit for my SAS. Have you confirmed that they use the old frame non P229-1. Or is it a misprint in the advertising literature.

Good luck in your search. Any of these SIG are good weapons. Only you and your money can decide.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FLASIG - Howdy from a fellow Texican. I am definitely leaning toward the 229 SAS.

I can confirm that the Classic Carry does have the older frame. I called Tombstone Tactical and talked to them extensively on it. They were nice enough to go get one and pull it out of the box and look it over. Confirmed that they also use the older style 13 round mag. This would be nice as it would use the same mag as my P228 and P229c.

Hodge - had the Legion and traded it for the P228. I am not a big fan of the railed frames. I leave that to my P320's. I do like the Combat but the rail again and I own a M9A3 which is quite similar.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
No question you are missing the quintessential sig handgun. Surprised you didn't list it. The 226!! plenty of awesome choices from my favorite the tacops, to the MK25, combat, SSE, or legion. But given your choices I would say the 229EE :D if you get my drift.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No question you are missing the quintessential sig handgun. Surprised you didn't list it. The 226!! plenty of awesome choices from my favorite the tacops, to the MK25, combat, SSE, or legion. But given your choices I would say the 229EE :D if you get my drift.
it is easy to say that it is the P226 or P220, I have had both of those and liked them but did not love them. So they got sold.
Ok, guys, remember the old ad campaign "Reading is FUNdamental!"

The internet has made us all Goldfish!

Yes the P226 is a great gun and one of, if not the, quintessential SIG. But I am looking for an alternative carry gun to my P320's (when I am feeling a bit low on my iron.

The 226, much like full size 1911's and my range only M9A3 and 96FS, great in their own right, but not in line with what I am looking for.

·
Registered
23,647 Posts
Reactions: winterwar

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nah! You just didn't have the right one with the right grips for you. :D
HAHA, probably true. The funny part about that is that I actually did try like 3 grips cause I thought it was that for sure. Finally gave up and tried the 320 in 45 and it worked great.

I will be the first to say I am not great with 45's.

·
P228 Sherpa
8,040 Posts
P229 Classic Carry - this is that Talo setup out there that has the older slimmer frame that uses the old mags
Older yes. Slimmer no. External dimensions are the same. Only difference is the 229-1 frame has the wider magwell (internal dimensions are just a little larger).

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.