SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I went and did it. With just over 300 rounds through the X5 I decided it was time to see what she could do. I shot my first ever USPSA match today. I got the X5 to primarily use in 3-gun since it is a 9mm. But with 2 3-gun matches next weekend (only shot my first 3-gun match 3 weeks ago) I wanted some real match practice and today was it. I had to shoot Limited class and of course being 9mm was Minor power factor so the goal was slow and smooth and get the feel of the gun under pressure. Besides I'm 80% VA disabled (skeletal), ain't no way I'm gonna be able to keep up with the jersey shooters and youngbloods! You know.....I think I am doing this backwards. I started the positional rifle shooting when I was active duty and could get around. Now that I am older and beat up... HEY, LET'S TRY THE ACTION SHOOTING SPORTS!

So like I said, the game plan today was to get a feel for the X5 in a real competition setting, pressure, double taps, sweat, dirt, draw from holster, mag changes, accuracy...etc. I knew I wasn't going to be fast so I wanted to be accurate. We had 61 scoring targets for 122 shots and some steel. I had 99 A's, 3rd highest for pistol and 6th highest with Pistol Caliber Carbines added. But 1st place was 73.10 total time, 15th was 134.10 and I was 23rd at 158.21. There were 32 shooters. So, that means the X5 performed and is accurate and I shot/moved too slow and gave points away for Minor power factor. But Damn it was FUN!!!!!

I got one pic of my gear getting ready and a video of one of the stages. Yeah, the adrenaline was flowing and I forgot to get more. Anyone thinking of shooting a match and making excuses...JUST GO DO IT!!

And now the wait for the .40 cal X5 begins!

YouTube:
https://youtu.be/gtRuFrVD7cA

Attachments

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time and the X-5 perormed well for you. What more could you ask for!!

Thank you for your service. Good luck on your upcoming matches.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just goes to show what a good vet can do when handed a tool. Not being last during your first match is something to brag about!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Very nice, congrats! Sounds like you had a great time!

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Fantastic! Glad you enjoyed and thanks for sharing. I'm also happy to see the X5 perform so well. Makes me want one all the more. Thank you for your service too.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Looks like a fun and gratifying first outing. Didn't think I wanted another 320 at first but decided to put my name in at my LGS for when they get them in. Looks like another winner!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Glad you did so well for being so new at the game, congratulations. The new P320 x5 looks like a great choice for 3 gun. Have fun.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello TherecYoung Fella,

It is Sept 2020 and I just saw your post.

First - Thank You for your service!!!

Second - I am going to shoot my first USPSA match this Sunday with my x5 Legion (9mm). I think I have to remove the mag-well and limit the mags to 10 rounds. I shot my first IDPA match 2 weeks ago with it am I am hooked!!! 30 years ago I built a 1911 .45 for pin & plate shoots, it is a fabulous weapon, but I am a little older and the minor class doesn’t hurt my ego as much as shooting the ,45 hurts my body.

I can only say the P320 x5 is the fastest weapon I have ever fired. It’s accuracy is far better than I am (for now 😉)

I will post how I do this weekend.

Take care and be safe everyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts