SIG Talk banner

The gist of your personal P938 experience.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see if we can get some semblance of objectivity going here. No it won't be even remotely close to perfect but it may give us a more true snapshot as to whats going on with this little gem.........or turd.........depending on your perspective.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
LOL!!! Seriously??? Well, I think I may have registered myself as the local hater, but honestly, I don't have any hatred for the little gun. It's a nice looking piece, and I can see why so many people would like it. It's just a little to rich for that kind of gun for me.

·
Registered
489 Posts
As much research as you can do, you are going to find mixed opinions. We cannot 'choose' what we love—we are drawn to it. I love the design of the 938, I love the way it looks but for me, it just doesn't work and yet I still have it. One of these days I see me parting with it but I have to get used to carrying my M11-A1 as my EDC.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine has been flawless, but..... I had a 238 before I bought it, and was familiar with a few things. I read about it before buying and after I got it I red loc tited the guide rod together and blue for the grip screws. That's it.

works like it should and is very accurate for how small it is. the sig sights are the real winner there. most small pocket guns have crappy sights. these are night sights with nice big white dots to see in the daytime.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had issues and had to send into Sig (rear sight on 22 target conversion fell off; the small round dome on the underside of the slide fell off and jammed her up). Many additional rounds and no problems... I'm hoping the 2nd is a fluke .

Was looking to sell it and pick up a M&P Shield but there was no comparison with my accuracy with the 938. The extra couple $100's is worth it to me.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm deeply in like with my 938 after today. I think I have exactly what I was looking for straight out of the box now. Kudos to Sig for manning up and providing excellent post sale support. I probably just jinxed my next range trip but I'm pleased with my 938 after today.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
No thanks... Sold both mine... I guess if yo can get one on Pallmeto State Armory (SAS) for $499. That's ok. But when I think I paid $700 or close to it it makes sick. Not enough gun for the money. My fault. Bought them 4 years ago when they were red hot and I always do that. I can never wait. Had to have right now. At least the sold really easy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love my 938 extreme. It's accurate and small/light enough to be an exceptional every day carry piece. I haven't tried it with the 6 round mag yet, I have stocked up on 7 rounders though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Love my P938sas even with addressing a couple of issues. (Grip screws & FP block) It is well worth the trouble for such a sweet shooting pistol. Most folks have no issues at all.

·
Registered
110 Posts
So far it looks like a 50/50 you get one outta the box with no issues or one that has at least one issue for a trip back to Sig.I am real happy with my SAS after sig fixed my mag dropping issue. Just a real bummer to buy a new gun and a real let down to send em back after the first range trip.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So far it looks like a 50/50 you get one outta the box with no issues or one that has at least one issue for a trip back to Sig.I am real happy with my SAS after sig fixed my mag dropping issue. Just a real bummer to buy a new gun and a real let down to send em back after the first range trip.
Agree. Although I have a wait ahead of me and a proving period to see if mine only takes one trip.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Keep in mind that most people who find their way to a forum like this are individuals who are searching for a solution to a problem. Most people will not join a forum to tell the world how great their new gun is. This is true if any forum on any subject.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.