SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This hammer pistol has some nice features -- like the choice between using safety slides or a decocker. Plus it has an easy slide. And for a single width mag, you get a couple of extra rounds ... either 8+1 or 9+1. I do not like the bi-lateral safeties though.

They screwed up making the following video because the "expert" shooter obviously didn't train enough with the gun before filming -- he gets confused.

Watch this video and see the delay on several of the pistol scenarios. They should have redone those shots instead of including them in the video.

Look at times 1:35, 3:40, 4:10

http://youtu.be/aOAoRxzjLKg

Those one second delays could get your butt killed.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And then just when you think it is Made In America, think again

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
25oz for a polymer single-stack, and it's still an XD. If Sig or HK made this gun at around 20-22oz then I would have one tomorrow. But still, I'm interested in this if the price is right, but the p30sk still weighs less and is shorter in height.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The double-stacked XD9 Mod 2 subcompact weights 26oz and I never feel that mine is overweight. In fact, as small as these guns are (3" barrels), that weight is probably helping quite a bit in taming recoil, because they should be recoiling a whole lot more than they do.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Just got back from the NRA convention, and I have to say, i thought the XD-E was the most exciting new gun there. There wasn't much fanfare, and I didn't see people lining up to see it, but I was surprised by it and very excited. People have been predicting the end of the DA/SA, and for Springfield to release a new DA/SA model for ccw... kudos to them. It felt like my Shield but much heavier. Not as heavy as a P239, but much slimmer. Not the best trigger, but very good. Honestly, I'm pretty much sold on it, I'll post a review on one when/if I get one.

I took some footage:
https://youtu.be/gCoJpAcJAYw

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just got back from the NRA convention, and I have to say, i thought the XD-E was the most exciting new gun there. There wasn't much fanfare, and I didn't see people lining up to see it, but I was surprised by it and very excited. People have been predicting the end of the DA/SA, and for Springfield to release a new DA/SA model for ccw... kudos to them. It felt like my Shield but much heavier. Not as heavy as a P239, but much slimmer. Not the best trigger, but very good. Honestly, I'm pretty much sold on it, I'll post a review on one when/if I get one.

I took some footage:
https://youtu.be/gCoJpAcJAYw
That's too bad, might have been a nice CC firearm, any self respecting 2A supporter should be boycotting Springfield.

·
Registered
555 Posts
In typical Springfield fashion it has what appears to be a very high bore axis.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I respect the decision to boycott, and I may also get there. But for me, I'm going to first see how things play out. The NRA didn't kick Springfield out of the convention, nor make a big deal about it, so I'm going to reserve judgement. If this is the best ccw solution for me and my safety, I'm not going to let politics dictate my choice. Just my opinion. Also, Illinois is all shady politics, I get the feeling we don't have all the facts. If this shuts down my FFL, I will be very upset and would prob boycott, but I'm not going to make that decision now. Without regard to the political mistep, I was quite impressed with the Springfield XD-E, and spent more time with it than any other pistol on the NRA convention floor.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
848 Posts
The expert shooter is from "guns America", not SA. Clay Martin. He said they wouldn't let them shoot with a round in the camber and it was messing him up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I will never be able to consider a Springfield Armory product again.
Same here .. and was actually looking at this new hammer fired .. they sold out us shooters in Illinois and then lied about it saying they knew nothing of the language when in fact they helped write the wording of the bill it appears !!

·
Registered
192 Posts
That is really too bad Springfield sold out, I'm a pretty cynical guy but I'm still sometimes amazed at the short-sighted strategy in so many American companies. I guess they're counting on ignorance to keep sales going.

I've never owned any modern day Springfield stuff, but had a few of their offerings on my radar(pistol & rifle). So much for that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.