SIG Talk banner

The Best $250 I've Ever Spent: LNIB Zavasta CZ999 Compact

836 6
Just met a gent to pick this up; came from a local ad. Only handled. He said he liked it but the wife didn't. I was always curious about it, so when I saw the ad, I had to find out what it's about. Lots of great reviews everywhere online, so I figured I had nothing to lose. People weren't kidding when they said it's a Walther P88 and Sig P229 crossbreed. It is a solid pistol. Seems built like a tank. Feels really nice in-hand. Chunky, for certain, like the Sig. Very well crafted overall.
Anyone else have one and wish to share their experiences? There doesn't seem to be much on it here. All-in-all, this appears to be the best money I've ever spent on a pistol, period (save for a few pretty nice deals here and there in the past on some CPOs, P228s, P229s...you get the picture). Glad to find one in basically new condition. Now just need to shoot it!

Attachments

Reactions: jerman and bearone2
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Resident Armorer Premium Member
Interesting, once upon a time, I thought about getting one, as a "little brother" to my 226.

After reading your thread, I did a little search, and found this:
CZ-99. Anyone here own one?

I don't know if you had seen this or not, but thought you may want a "heads up"!

Good Luck!

Reactions: jsawyer09

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting, once upon a time, I thought about getting one, as a "little brother" to my 226.

After reading your thread, I did a little search, and found this:
CZ-99. Anyone here own one?

I don't know if you had seen this or not, but thought you may want a "heads up"!

Good Luck!
Thanks for the link! I hadn't seen that particular thread, but I believe the CZ99 was the first iteration of this pistol; then the EZ9 with rail came after the CZ999. They're all just slightly different. As far as I can tell, there are up to 5 iterations of the CZ999, used in various parts of the globe. Same pistol, called something different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.