SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
That's a beautiful rifle and a really big cartridge.

Reactions: Mills

·
Premium Member
22,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beautifully BAD! I'd need a wedge of ballistic gel for a butt pad.
Shooting it standing and freehand can be tricky , the heavy torque will send it twisting out of your hands.
Shooting it prone one has to be very careful to get it into the shoulder properly.
I wear a shoulder pad.

The target rounds are worse, they are 715 gr.
You swear your toes leave a trench when prone.

It hits a steel gong with much authority.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Shooting it standing and freehand can be tricky , the heavy torque will send it twisting out of your hands.
Shooting it prone one has to be very careful to get it into the shoulder properly.
I wear a shoulder pad.

The target rounds are worse, they are 715 gr.
You swear your toes leave a trench when prone.

It hits a steel gong with much authority.
715gr . . . lol. Even with what you've said, you know me, I'd love to have one (just cause). Beautiful, stunning! :cool:

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,048 Posts
That fits into the "Exotic" class, as it is beautiful, and a "Monster" of a caliber... Mills, you continue to out "do" yourself!!!

·
Premium Member
22,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That fits into the "Exotic" class, as it is beautiful, and a "Monster" of a caliber... Mills, you continue to out "do" yourself!!!
Wilard, you should see some of them with Presentation grade wood .

This one is a few notches up from standard grade.

I purchased this for a buff hunt, hunt fell through and ended up shooting a whitetail.
Punched a hole through him length wise, too much gun for a deer.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,048 Posts
Wilard, you should see some of them with Presentation grade wood .

This one is a few notches up from standard grade.

I purchased this for a buff hunt, hunt fell through and ended up shooting a whitetail.
Punched a hole through him length wise, too much gun for a deer.
Sounds like a guy I worked with in the Corp. He bought a High Standard "Little Big Horn" commemorative carbine, in .45-70 of course, from the PX @ El Toro. He lived in Trabuco Canyon area, and had horses. He went deer hunting on horseback with it, and a "Virginia Dragoon" .44 Mag SA revolver. To make a long story short, he had the same problem, deer wasn't large enough for the bullets to "upset"... punched a few holes into the poor little 125# Blacktail buck, while chasing him on horseback! Finally put the poor thing out of it's misery with his pistol!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.