SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the Legion version of the OWB Leatherwing holster by Blackpoint Tactical from the Sig Store.

Then I had my P229 Legion milled for the Leupold Deltapoint Pro with the Sig Armorer Robert Burke.

So when I got my Legion back, I could not use the holster anymore because of the mounted optic.

I reached out to Blackpoint Tactical if they can help me and they agreed to remedy it for me. I sent them the holster and they fixed it to allow the pistol with the red dot. They did this for free, all I had was to send the holster back to them. They even did not charge me for return shipping.

Kudos for the exceptional customer service!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
For you guys with Blackpoint holsters, do they offer any retention?? My raven concealment holsters have that little indent that offers enough to not let the pistol slide out, but its hard to tell from their pics if they have the same feature. I emailed about a week ago but haven't heard anything from them yet.

I was also wondering about ride height for their IWB holster. A couple of my raven concealment holsters also have offset wings that allow them to sit pretty low but from the looks of them on their website they look like they would sit fairly high on the hip. I still haven't seen one in person so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For you guys with Blackpoint holsters, do they offer any retention?? My raven concealment holsters have that little indent that offers enough to not let the pistol slide out, but its hard to tell from their pics if they have the same feature. I emailed about a week ago but haven't heard anything from them yet.

I was also wondering about ride height for their IWB holster. A couple of my raven concealment holsters also have offset wings that allow them to sit pretty low but from the looks of them on their website they look like they would sit fairly high on the hip. I still haven't seen one in person so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...
Yes there is a retention screw you can adjust. I only have the OWB holster.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Also, the IWB's do ride on the higher side compared to some but offer an unobstructed grip on the weapon. I have changed the cant on my P229 holster with some inexpensive Comptac clips from MidwayUSA... it's a trade off, but pulls the butt closer in for me.

To answer the retention question, I believe it is just right. The gun isn't going anywhere under your belt.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have three holsters from BT (320RX / 229 Legion / 1911 Range Officer Champion) and I think they are some of the best kydex holsters out there. The only issue I have is the wear to my 229 Legion's finish on the right side of the trigger guard. From what I have read on this forum regarding the finish on Legions, it is an issue with the firearm and not the holster.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks good GTGunner. I would agree on the trigger guard wear being more finish related vs holster specific. My trigger guard on the Legion was worn at that same point from a Comptac holster.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've dealt their customer service before. I have a couple of their mini wings. They are very easy to deal with. Definitely one of the best holster companies out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts