SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you read enough forums you know SIG customer service is often blasted. Now I agree sometimes it is deserved, but in this case I want to thank them for the work they did on my P938.

It is from March, 2013 and has run great. Two weeks ago I was shooting it and it just did not seem right. Magazine dropped out a few times, couple of related stovepipes. After 4 years and several thousand rounds I decided to send her in for some care and service.

I opted for the $144.95 package which included new sights, although mine seemed fine. Cheaper to do it now. SIG received the 938 on Friday 5/12. They did the work and I received it back today, one week later. What they did though surprised me.

Replaced all springs
New trigger bar
New hammer and sear
New extractor
New thumb safety
New slide catch lever
New MSH even though mine showed none of the problems/wear of the original design.
New sights.

Not bad for the price. Papa's pretty much got a new gun!

When their customer service does a good job, they deserve the credit as well as complaints when they do not.

·
Registered
11,371 Posts
I have always had great experiences with SIG CS. My guy is Kyle Faucher X 3861.

He is amazing! We usually spend 15-20 minutes talking about all guns, not just SIGs.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
It appears that SIG has stepped up their game. That is great work you had done and the turn-around time really can't be beat. I'd be surprised if a local gunsmith could do that work and get it back to you in the same amount of time.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I cannot disagree about their great service: I called them up for a hammer pin detent as I lost it during disassembly, and WANTED to buy a MSH v2..... they offered me both for free!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have always had great customer service from Sig, but I have never had to send them any of my Sigs either. My calls were more about ordering parts, questions, getting detailed info, or working with them on an existing back ordered item.

They make great products and will stand by them and fix any issues. :cool:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
FINALLY, got the time to do a quick cleanining/lubrication last night on the returned P938. Went to the range at lunch and ran about 150 rounds through it. Perfect! What a difference from shooting it a few weeks ago that led me to sending it back to SIG for some tender loving care.

I forgot what a good recoil spring feels like. Noticeable difference from the original one that was in the firearm. It feels tight again. Magazine locks in tightly. No dropping out. Trigger feels great, nice clean break. Not even a hint of any failure.

This is one I conceal carry often so I am glad it is back and reliable again.

Great job SIG!

(Now if you would just get the P220 Legions out to the stores!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.