Grip:
Stock: metal
Item Views: 6389
Serial Number:
Grey Wood Font Twig Electric blue

Catalog Page: 265
Class: Class III
Description:
Produced by Ithaca for use by Air Force pilots to forage for food in event of being stranded for long periods of time. Many copies of this arm are available on the market, though few if any in this short barreled configuration with 22 Hornet chambering. Marked on the left side of the receiver "U.S.A.F. PROPERTY / 135416 / RIFLE-SHOTGUN. SURVIVAL. / CAL. .22/410, M6" and "ITHACA GUN CO., INC. ITHACA N.Y." on the right side, with the crossed cannon ordnance mark beneath. Fitted with a blade front sight and two leaf peep/ notch rear sight. Serrated hammer with mobile striker, and serrated 2 3/4" long trigger bar, properly without trigger guard. Steel buttstock, with a storage compartment for nine rounds of 22 Hornet and four shotshells. Please note that this arm is a BATFE registered Class III Short Barreled Rifle/ Shotgun, and ensure legality of ownership in your current place of residence before bidding.
Rating Definition:
Very good, with 85% of the original parkerized finish, showing a brown patina on the barrel band and receiver, with darker color on the barrels and stock, scattered handling marks, and a few small areas of discoloration. Mechanically excellent

·
Registered
17,258 Posts
I have a chance to obtain an Ithaca M6 USAF survival rifle. It’s 22 Hornet over 410. It has 14” bbls I don’t think it’s ever been registered hence no tax stamp. Is there any way to register it as an AOW to me as it has no known history.
Hopefully the Guys Who have the State Laws List Site Will See Your Post. They Might know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Watching this thread in hopes that I can learn more. Would like to learn how it can be obtained legally if it is not already registered with the ATF as an NFA item. I do not know but would like to learn if it is not already registered, does it get registered as both a SBR and SBS requiring payment for two tax stamps or can it be registered as an AOW the way this one is done?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Needed to be registered before 86. Past that I do not believe one can possess or register it.
Can you show me the regulation that a SBR, SBS, or AOW has to be registered before 1986?

I know that a full auto must have been on the registry before 1986 but I have friends that have made Form1 SBR and SBS in the past two years.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Can you show me the regulation that a SBR, SBS, or AOW has to be registered before 1986?

I know that a full auto must have been on the registry before 1986 but I have friends that have made Form1 SBR and SBS in the past two years.
Correct. They made sbrs and sbs’. You can still do that. But anything that was already in NFA configuration prior to 86 needed to be registered before the allowance period expired which the gun in the op is/was. I believe that includes AOWs or SBRs.

·
Premium Member
15,186 Posts
So I would think that the present owner would have to establish its legality and get whatever registration needed before its sold and transferred to another owner. Or maybe a private transfer can still take place (depending on state), but still may have to be a defined long gun or handgun, so make sure.

Reactions: bhrees

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
That's a pretty damn cool historic curio piece. Wow. I would love to have that on display above my fireplace. I'm glad I don't know anyone who would make one available to me.

Since it may be caught in a FNA snare, you better think. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts