SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a tango4 1x4 with 5.56/7.62 BDC retical. Can anyone tell me the proper distance to zero scope so I can use the BDC? I understand it will not be a cactus but there was a barrel length and bullet weight used to develop the marks on the retical. Id be satisfied with just the distance to get in the ballpark. Thx

·
Registered
122 Posts
Usually BDC reticles are zeroed at 100 yards, I don't know if it makes a difference on 1 or 4 power.
If the Sig manual doesn't say you can look at Primary Arms for a FFP LPVO with a BDC and download one of their manuals, the instructions should be the same.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually BDC reticles are zeroed at 100 yards, I don't know if it makes a difference on 1 or 4 power.
If the Sig manual doesn't say you can look at Primary Arms for a FFP LPVO with a BDC and download one of their manuals, the instructions should be the same.

Thx that’s what I assumed but with ammo shortage I don’t have extra to play with.

·
Registered
122 Posts
A laser bore sight is a good investment these days.
Get it on paper @ 25 and 50 with as few rounds as possible then go back to 100.

I have the Wheeler and it works well.

·
Registered
378 Posts
When I zeroed the one I had. I zeroed it for 200 yards. The reason being is that at 100 yards it would be 2 inches high and going for center mass it would still be center mass area. However, either way works.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Sig isn't very forthcoming with info for their stuff.
Make you go digging, then the info is vague at best.

With just a picture of that reticle to go by I would assume that 100 yds is zero if you intend to use the BDC with 55 gn 5.56 and 147 gn .308
First post is 200 then 300 and so on.

Similar to my Primary Arms one.

Or zero it to whatever range you want and dial it in for longer shots ignoring the BDC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts