SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Military & Tactical

I am sure that there have been numerous discussions about these, but today was my first exposure to this particular new weapon.

I don't care what your blade smith says, this is the baddest thing in the Valley of death.

馃帠USA Veteran
What does it do shoot the blade into the opposition? I understand it has a gas projection force of some type. Then it shows extra handles without blades on them.

Forgive me, I am a little confused. I would think a gas cylinder was stowed in the handle.

I see the button on the butt/grip. It also sounds as though they sell them to anyone.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It fill the body with 800 PSI of carbon dioxide in .25 seconds, causing massive internal expansion inside the body. It literally blows you up from inside. It was originally sold to Divers as a protection weapon against Sharks.
Insert blade, Blow the subject up from the inside. Massive trauma and you are dead before you can make any noise. Inject into the kidneys from behind, and Blow you up from the inside like a balloon. You will be dead before you hit the ground.

Yea, This is bad news.

Registered
So if i was to use it at the Thanksgiving table to cut a slice of Pumpkin pie, it would make a hell of a mess?

Hmmm, Interesting :cool:

Could skin a squirrel in .25 seconds ... or another way to skin a cat :D

Reminds me of the Air cylinder and plunger that big Mexican had on 'No Country for Old Men'. It was silent, yet very effective.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So if i was to use it at the Thanksgiving table to cut a slice of Pumpkin pie, it would make a hell of a mess?
Hmmm, Interesting :cool:
Could skin a squirrel in .25 seconds ... or another way to skin a cat :D
Reminds me of the Air cylinder and plunger that big Mexican had on 'No Country for Old Men'. It was silent, yet very effective.
I think that the wife would make you clean up the mess. And that would take until Xmas. As to the Squirrel, I think even *I* would want to lock you up for killing a critter that way.

I got Bent once on a dive trip. And I can tell you that it was like hell. I cannot imagine this happening to me.

Ugly.

Registered
I live in Alaska. Could come in handy during an unplanned scuffle with a bear. How do I get one?

馃帠USA Veteran Premium Member
It just seems like you no longer have a knife. You have just changed you knife to a bang stick. The beauty of a knife is that it is simple, has no moving parts, and has a multitude of uses.

I would be afraid to try to sharpen that thing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It just seems like you no longer have a knife. You have just changed you knife to a bang stick. The beauty of a knife is that it is simple, has no moving parts, and has a multitude of uses.

I would be afraid to try to sharpen that thing.
You just have to remember to Unload it before you clean it. Or sharpen it.
And like a pistol, keep your finger off the trigger until your blade is in the target.

Not too difficult.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep Flash. That is the one. And when the patent ran out, someone else took it on.

Which shows you that good ideas hang around. I was surprised that it was a 1971 design. But I have to still say it is one of the most dangerous ideas I have ever seen. I remember the Old Boxing strategy of "Stick and move." This is a "Stick and Boom" one.
Ugh.

馃帠USA Veteran
After looking at the patent diagrams Flash LB provided, it appears you stick-um with the knife and push the button. Then a stream of gas from the CO2 or similar type cartridge makes it way along an opening in the blade of the knife. The gas explosion exits out of the top front of the blade probably puffing up the target and ripping the blade edge the opposite direction causing a large cut.

Now, if they could just add some Cobra venom to the pressurized gas.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I learned 2 things from this second film (Ballistic Gel)
1. Ballistic Jell is pretty resistant to blunt force. So bullets would have to encounter a LOT more resistance going through to the 13 inches that the FBI recommends as a minimum. So the tests of the sort that Lucky Gunner does make a lot more sense.
2. While the Egg experiment was not that "Impactful" at first, I do have to say that I don't want that kind of expansion in ME. And lung and heart tissue would be adversely affected and probably torn from the plural cavity pretty badly after one of these bad boys.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.