SIG Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After shooting both in their native state several times I finally swapped the slide/barrel assemblies and went to the range.
With the X-Macro grip and XL slide, it handled well. I liked the slightly heavier muzzle. Shot well.
With the XL grip and X-Macro slide, I shot better than with the XL slide assembly.
(Note: I also added “pinky” grip extensions to the XL 12 round mags. That may have an effect)!
After this range outing, at least to me, I have to say that there is a noticeable difference in perceived recoil and certainly muzzle rise with the X-Macro comped slide!
Accuracy? I’ll have to shoot the combos more, but right now…
X-Macro complete assembly: #1
X-Macro grip and XL slide assembly: #2 (tie). Although it is really close to the Macro as is!
XL grip and X-Macro slide assembly: #2 (tie).
XL complete assembly: #3.
Now, this is just me, and I need to put a lot more rounds through the pipe, but early indications to me appear solid.
After more shooting, I’ll have to decide on a combo and which one I am going to put an optic on. Decisions decisions! 😎
A few pics.

Native X-Macro and XL.

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

Swapped slide assemblies.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

They don’t appear much different since the slide itself is the same length! (Note the mag extension on the XL).

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah I see. I was just curious if it would fit and work I do like that the macro slide has the optic plate that’s separate from the rear sights
I think the “current” production XL and maybe X slides also have the optic cut that leaves the rear sight in place, but I’m not sure.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I think the “current” production XL and maybe X slides also have the but I’m not sure.
I just bought an XL and it has the old optic cut and of course, has the XL on the slide. I'm going to buy a silver slide with the optic cut that leaves the rear sight in place from Sig when I get my $75 promo. All the newer XL replacement optional slides on Sig's site only has the X and no XL engraved on the side for whatever reason.

Reactions: Kos1

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
As mentioned earlier, the XL barrel will not fit the Macro slide.

I put the X Macro slide on an XL frame once I realized it would take a bit before holsters became available and didn't want to fiddle with modifying 15 round mags to fit the X Macro frame. Kinda like the XL grip a little better and have been carrying this config for several weeks on the job.

Accuracy wise... on par with the P365 standard but much faster recovery. The grouping gets a little larger at 25 yards or further, but nothing to worry about.

Not sure if I'll switch things back when my X Macro holster arrives. I use a Wilson XL frame and prefer it over the factory frames. May wait and see what Wilson has in store for the X Macro before making that call.

I just don't know if there's a bad variation of the P365 (even the SAS is a good option within reason) out there. And that is what makes this system ideal for so many.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That looks great. I wonder how the swapped slides shoot on the other frames, especially the macro slide on the XL frame.. I passed on a Macro today at the store and opted for the NRA 365 model instead. I am still out on the macro model and the fact i cannot get any extra mags too sealed the deal fro me on the NRA 365 at this time. Congrats on these fine Sigs man, they look great..

I too agree with coppertop and like the XL frame better while I was handling them in the store today. Decisions, decisions...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts