SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swampfox has been adding some red dots to their lineup.

Any users out there? Which ones to consider?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I have them all and they are all great in my opinion and I have used all the different brands except cmore

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the sentinel on my P365XL So far so good. Great build quality. Local Colorado company. (yes manufactured in China like most everything) I bought the auto-adjust version initially, bad idea. Swapped for the manual and very happy with it. Half the price of a Trij RMR and guaranteed 50,000 rounds. No brainer. Great customer service too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the sentinel on my P365XL So far so good. Great build quality. Local Colorado company. (yes manufactured in China like most everything) I bought the auto-adjust version initially, bad idea. Swapped for the manual and very happy with it. Half the price of a Trij RMR and guaranteed 50,000 rounds. No brainer. Great customer service too.
What didn't you like about the auto adjust model?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just ordered a Sentinel and it's due next week. I also went with the manual controls. The videos I've seen of the auto version look good but I didn't want to take the gamble.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
The sentinel auto is a bit bright and the rmsc is too dim

I like the RMS and RMSc. Ive got a Sentinel and I agree that it's a little too bright. I've got a Sentinel, a RMS, RMSc, Romeo 1, Romeo Zero and Burris FastFire III. I like the auto feature over manual adjustment.
With the Romeos I set them at a level that's usable in bright sunlight. In low light situations (not dark enough for a weapon mounted light) they're hard to see through. The bright dot make it look like the glass is tinted. It has to be pretty dark for a weapon mounted, or handheld light to be effective. In a self defense situation I doubt I'd be able to adjust the brightness.

The Sentinel is good except for very specific low light settings. If it's "almost" dark enough to use a light the dot is too bright, making the lens appear to be tinted. In a completely dark room turning on a weapon mounted like will make the dot go away, but only for a second or so.

I like the Burris. It can be set manual or auto. I prefer the auto. It's good in all lighting. If it's too dark to see through it it's dark enough to use a light. There's no noticeable delay when turning on a weapon mounted like in a completely dark room. I don't like the fact that it powers down automatically but you have to press a button to wake it back up. I practiced adding the button press as part of my draw, but I suspect that could be a problem in a stressful, self defense situation. I have the Burris on my Sub-2000 now.

I like the RMS and RMSc. The auto brightness level suits me. It's usable until to too dark to see the target without a light. They're no delay or wash out when turning on a weapon mounted light or other light in a completely dark room.

Everyones eyes, and everyones preferences are going to vary. Perhaps someone will build an auto brightness sight that you can set the base level on.

On a side note, it ticked me off when I got my Sentinel and saw "Made in China" on the box. I "assumed" their stuff was made here due to the patriotic stuff on their website. I'm not accusing them of hiding where it's made, but they're not exactly disclosing it either. I won't be buying any more of their products.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
They are all made in China

No....They're not. The Romeo's and the Burris are made in the Philippines. The RMS and RMSc (Shield Sights) are made in the UK, using all components made in the UK. The Sentinel is made in China.

You can lie to yourself by saying everything is made in China to justify your purchases but simply saying "they're all made in China" isn't true.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts