SIG Talk banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Some people are comfortable carrying around 60 pounds of gear (ask any police officer). But I'm a long-time distance runner and like to travel light.

That's why my EDC gun is as small and as light as I can find and still be an effective SD weapon.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
in all my 65 years I never found a need for a multi tool . We keep a few select real tools in our car and truck , range bag or motorcycle when I still rode but no sorta semi useful mini tool . I do carry a proper folder a ZT0350 .

I do know we have a small plastic box around the house with a few " multi tools " that came free or as gifts !

·
Registered
493 Posts
My usual carry:

Perfect. I too carry a black scaled Swiss army (officer's model) and a 3" Spyderco. I literally use mine every day for some small task.

Back when you could fly with them, I lost one in a plane seat and had to buy another at my destination. I am "lost" without these daily essential tools.

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
in all my 65 years I never found a need for a multi tool . We keep a few select real tools in our car and truck , range bag or motorcycle when I still rode but no sorta semi useful mini tool . I do carry a proper folder a ZT0350 .

I do know we have a small plastic box around the house with a few " multi tools " that came free or as gifts !
The lack of a multi-tool, not being able to respond immediately to any mechanical malady that befalls you, in MacGyver like fashion, is why you've always had hard luck. Come on man, get with the program!

Disclaimer: Let me apologize in advance, the above was incredibly mean of me to say and I deeply regret it. However, that is not nearly enough to keep me from hitting the post reply button!

·
Banned
7,326 Posts
The lack of a multi-tool, not being able to respond immediately to any mechanical malady that befalls you, in MacGyver like fashion, is why you've always had hard luck. Come on man, get with the program!

Disclaimer: Let me apologize in advance, the above was incredibly mean of me to say and I deeply regret it. However, that is not nearly enough to keep me from hitting the post reply button!
I too, suffer from that particular weakness. I can know that my comment will be considered hurtful. And make it anyway. I’ve often thought that having preprinted apology cards in ones pocket, would be a nice EDC item. 😉

·
Registered
144 Posts
These are the 5 essentials I have on me every day.
1. Leatherman
2. Knife
3. Flashlight
4. Pen
5. Handkerchief

Aside from the Leatherman, I try to keep these items small and lightweight (Ti mini light, Ti minipen). The knife gets rotated between (too many) different options, but I've been carrying the Leek for many weeks now.

·
Registered
8,731 Posts
These are the 5 essentials I have on me every day.
1. Leatherman
2. Knife
3. Flashlight
4. Pen
5. Handkerchief

Aside from the Leatherman, I try to keep these items small and lightweight (Ti mini light, Ti minipen). The knife gets rotated between (too many) different options, but I've been carrying the Leek for many weeks now.
All those things, plus a lighter (even though I don't smoke), a dog whistle, and a scribe (handy if you're a machinist).

·
Registered
231 Posts
I really appreciate Leatherman multi tools but don't carry one. They are just too heavy to carry for the very rare benefit.

I used to carry a small flashlight until I realized that my smartphone has an even better light.

I used to carry a small pen until I realized that my smartphone can easily take notes and/or pictures.

I now carry a Victorinox Alox Classic pocket knife on my keychain. It has a small knife and scissors which is all I need.

I do carry a Leatherman Squirt PS4 when backpacking.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I too, suffer from that particular weakness. I can know that my comment will be considered hurtful. And make it anyway. I’ve often thought that having preprinted apology cards in ones pocket, would be a nice EDC item. 😉
Don’t know TS, may cause you to develop a limp if you bring the number you’d need.

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
I carry a knife but have never carried a multi tool. I have all the tools I need at work and all are better than any multi tool available. If I need anything outside of work its in my tool bag in the truck or in the tool box. I have had a multi tool in my tackle box for many years but still use needle nose more often

·
Registered
404 Posts
I carry one on certain occasions. I have no desire to edc one. The are on the heavy side, and I hate using them. I find that, while they do a lot, they suck at everything they do.

I have a full set of tools at home and at work. I keep a small set on every floor of my house and in my vehicles.

At work I carry a spud wrench, knipex pliers, knife and a flashlight and it's amazing what I can accomplish with that.

Soli Deo Gloria

·
🎖USN Veteran
1,206 Posts
I carry a knife but have never carried a multi tool. I have all the tools I need at work and all are better than any multi tool available. If I need anything outside of work its in my tool bag in the truck or in the tool box. I have had a multi tool in my tackle box for many years but still use needle nose more often
I also prefer to use the right tool for the job. But my truck and toolboxes are not always with me. That's why the little Leatherman Micra stays in my pocket.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts