SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I am in the minority here when it comes to edc. I carry a Leatherman Wave vs a knife. The multi tool is admittedly heavier than most folding knives but they do provide a couple of blades as well as a large assortment of really beneficial tools. I can’t count the times that wave has saved me from leaving a work site to get a needed tool I didn’t have for an unexpected problem. I know the blades are small, but I have field dressed a deer with one when I forgot my knife. Just an observation.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
I have a Leatherman Sidekick that's a pretty useful tool to have along. Back when I was working as a factory rep for a garage door manufacturer I found myself helping out installers all the time and I carried my LM everyday....handy. These days it depends on what I'm doing that day ... some days I carry it, some days it rides in the truck console.

The small needle nose pliers and wire cutters are what I used the most, It does have a nice blade in it but since I already have pocket knife on me and a big *** knife in my truck I hardly ever used the little one. Leatherman tools make great gifts too ... I gave two of my nephews each one for X-mas gifts a couple of years ago and they were a big hit.

·
🎖USN Veteran
1,206 Posts
I've had the same Leatherman Micra in my pocket for over 20 years. I mostly use the knife and scissors, but the screwdrivers are handy sometimes and it's got an excellent tweezers on it. I have a large Schrade multi-tool I take traveling.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Forget multitool, I am shocked at how many people don’t even carry a small pocket knife, let alone Swiss Army knife or multitool. I don’t know how many times I have pulled my knife or tool out to help someone who needed one but didn’t have one.

I always have some type of Swiss Army knife or multitool in my pocket. I even have a Leatherman PS Style (no blade) and a modified bladeless Swiss Army knife for locations where blades are permitted.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Been carrying a Wave+ for years, along with a pocket knife. Adding the pocket clip has made it easy to keep it in my EDC pocket rotation.

I use it daily for multiple tasks; pliers, scissors, screwdrivers, and wire cutters get used most of the time - but the saw, file(s), serrated blade and micro screwdriver have come in handy many a time.

Makes the g/f laugh every time we're out 'n' about and I'm fixing things with it.

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
I've carried a Leatherman Surge for the past several months, before that one or another of their models for at least 30 years I'd guess. Also carry a good quality opening assist knife clipped to inside of RF pocket and a utility knife on the left (it gets used a lot for the mundane stuff so I don't have to sharpen the expensive knife often. All this is backed up by a P229 40 w/ spare mag, just in case.

The Surge is the priciest and largest Leatherman I've carried . . . fits my hands well. Wife refers to it as my "man tool" - - no need to go further with that one.

·
Registered
367 Posts
No multitool, but I do carry a knife everyday.

I'll probably get one for the backpack just in case....Thought about it many many times but decided against getting one as of yet. The times when I need tools is typically when I have my full tool set available. Have yet to run into a time when i said "Geez i wished I had a multitool atm"... but then again I work in front of a computer all day.

Reactions: ClayD and hauki
1 - 20 of 77 Posts