SIG Talk banner

Suppressor not staying on MPX 4in

279 5
I've got an Sig MPX 4in w/ an AAC 9mm suppressors, and it's not staying on the barrel. I remember something about an aftermarket part that I need for this, but I can't find the thread in this forum. Can someone help a brother out?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I'd call the manufacturer of the suppressor.

For what ot's worth as I'm far from an expert on cans, we had eight MPX's with a 4 inch barrel at Freedom Day with Sig cans on them without any issues.

·
🎖USAF Retired
5,337 Posts
Get the barrel and suppressor hot from shooting them or get them to around 400-500 degrees in the oven, then tighten it to manufactures torque spec. You should not have any more issues after that.
or
You can also use rockset, this tends to be a permanent solution.

If you don’t want a permanent it will be tough to keep it secured without retightening regularly.

Do not use any Locktite.

·
🎖USAF Retired
Sig MCX/MPX/516/716G2
920 Posts
I've got an Sig MPX 4in w/ an AAC 9mm suppressors, and it's not staying on the barrel. I remember something about an aftermarket part that I need for this, but I can't find the thread in this forum. Can someone help a brother out?
Are you talking about the Tapered Washer that comes with your gun?

Put that washer on there (as long as your can is not tapered) and tighten your can down like a quarter turn. You should be good to go. Do not over tighten. You shouldn’t have to use locktite or the like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts