SIG Talk banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Triggers are an area where you frequently CAN improve things. Holsters often aren't, as attested to almost everyone's drawer full of "great idea" holsters that didn't work out.

OTOH, it's just money.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Depends upon what you're trying to improve. Some things definitely need improvement. Others are more of a "thing", and that often doesn't give you good results. I know - I have a whole bunch of parts I thought would "improve" something and they didn't.
Depends upon what you're trying to improve. Some things definitely need improvement. Others are more of a "thing", and that often doesn't give you good results. I know - I have a whole bunch of parts I thought would "improve" something and they didn't.

So far I have only shot 50 rounds using a red dot sight. I definitely think there is room for improvement and will strive to do so. I understand there may come a point where further improvement is like chasing rainbows but I'm definitely not there yet.

Reactions: Devereaux

·
Premium Member
9,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So I put another 50 rounds down range today and with the exception of a couple of flyers everything else was pretty spot on. It's easy to see why people are moving to red dot sights. Target again set and 7 and then 10 yards shooting Federal American Eagle 124 grain 9mm ammo. Don't think I'm going to bother with the suppressor height front sight. Not having any issues picking up the red dot.

tempImageSCJj6X.png

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,111 Posts
So I put another 50 rounds down range today and with the exception of a couple of flyers everything else was pretty spot on. It's easy to see why people are moving to red dot sights. Target again set and 7 and then 10 yards shooting Federal American Eagle 124 grain 9mm ammo. Don't think I'm going to bother with the suppressor height front sight. Not having any issues picking up the red dot.

View attachment 386682
Don't know how you can do much better - nice shooting!

·
Premium Member
9,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Don't know how you can do much better - nice shooting!
Thanks. I'm really having fun with the red dot. Just wish I has an unlimited supply of ammo. Good luck with that right!

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,111 Posts
Thanks. I'm really having fun with the red dot. Just wish I has an unlimited supply of ammo. Good luck with that right!
Roger that. Going to be a minute before the ammo supply will come anywhere near unlimited. 😄

·
Premium Member
9,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I blacked out my front sight so I couldn't see it.
Since I don't have a suppressor height front sight I don't even see when I acquire the red dot so no need to black it out.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Since I don't have a suppressor height front sight I don't even see when I acquire the red dot so no need to black it out.
I don't have suppressor height sites either. But my front site had a white dot that I found distracting.

·
Premium Member
9,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I don't have suppressor height sites either. But my front site had a white dot that I found distracting.
I have the X-Ray 3 green dot in my front sight and I do not focus on it. I totally focus on the target and simply place the dot to my point of aim and squeeze the trigger. Try not focusing on the dot but on the target and see if that helps.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I have the X-Ray 3 green dot in my front sight and I do not focus on it. I totally focus on the target and simply place the dot to my point of aim and squeeze the trigger. Try not focusing on the dot but on the target and see if that helps.
I didn't focus on it I just said it was distracting. Black marker= gone.

·
Premium Member
9,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I didn't focus on it I just said it was distracting. Black marker= gone.
Glad you were able to eliminate it from your field of vision.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes the Romeo 1 Pro is set up to co-witness with the standard X-Ray front sight. I was just wondering if a suppressor height front sight would offer any benefits since it is taller. The problem with me is I'm always trying to make improvements to my handguns and in some cases its not necessary. This may be one of them.
My RX came with suppressor height sight, but it's not a Romeo Pro, just the old Romeo 1.

·
Premium Member
9,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
My RX came with suppressor height sight, but it's not a Romeo Pro, just the old Romeo 1.
Does the suppressor height sight interfere with your picking up the red dot?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I don't know because I haven't shot it yet. It's actually supposed to make it easier because it's supposed to absolute co-witness.

One thing that IS a problem is holsters. It won't fit in my SIG kydex holster because the sight channel is too shallow.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Absolute co-witness is just a distraction on a red dot equipped pistol IMO. Use target focus every time and you won’t even notice the front sight at all.

A lot of people that are just getting into red dots still line it up with the irons and takes them longer to fire the first shot.

As stated in a post above, just look at the target and superimposed the red dot on it and fire away. Absolute co-witness are for tactical timmies only. Dry fire a lot to establish your index so the dot will be on the target each time and every time you draw and point. Doing this will become muscle memory.

Try this test after you have been dry firing and have established your index. Close your eyes and draw to a target. You’ll be surprised to see your red dot superimposed and right on target. I removed the front sights of my red dot equipped hand guns and rifles and just shoot using my index.

·
Premium Member
9,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Absolute co-witness is just a distraction on a red dot equipped pistol IMO. Use target focus every time and you won’t even notice the front sight at all.

A lot of people that are just getting into red dots still line it up with the irons and takes them longer to fire the first shot.

As stated in a post above, just look at the target and superimposed the red dot on it and fire away. Absolute co-witness are for tactical timmies only. Dry fire a lot to establish your index so the dot will be on the target each time and every time you draw and point. Doing this will become muscle memory.

Try this test after you have been dry firing and have established your index. Close your eyes and draw to a target. You’ll be surprised to see your red dot superimposed and right on target. I removed the front sights of my red dot equipped hand guns and rifles and just shoot using my index.
Very good advise. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I think I figured out why the front sight is not a bother to me when acquiring the red dot. In order for me to see the front sight clearly I need corrective lenses. When shooting the red dot since I am focused on the target and not the front sight I don't need corrective lenses because my distance vision is 20/20. That's one of the major reason I decided to switch from iron sights or red dot.

Reactions: Shevchenko

·
Registered
P320c, P229 SAO RXP Legion, P226 Navy
6 Posts
I added the Romeo 1 Pro to my P320 X-Compact and was wondering if its worth spending the money to get a set of the Sig X-Ray 3 suppressor height sights when I can only replace the front sight. As you know you cannot add the rear suppressor sight to the non RXP X-Compact but since the Romeo 1 Pro has rear sight cut you can co-witness with part of the stock sight but the suppressor height would be much better. The question is it worth spending nearly $100 and only being able to use the front sight and more importantly is it really necessary? Your thought would be greatly appreciated..
For what it's worth, I just ordered these to go with my Swampfox Kingslayer rmr for my 320 x compact, i like how the same set up looks and works on my buddy's, I also really like the Suppressor height sights that came on my 229 legion rxp for cowitnessing with the romeo pro 1

21 - 40 of 42 Posts