SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added the Romeo 1 Pro to my P320 X-Compact and was wondering if its worth spending the money to get a set of the Sig X-Ray 3 suppressor height sights when I can only replace the front sight. As you know you cannot add the rear suppressor sight to the non RXP X-Compact but since the Romeo 1 Pro has rear sight cut you can co-witness with part of the stock sight but the suppressor height would be much better. The question is it worth spending nearly $100 and only being able to use the front sight and more importantly is it really necessary? Your thought would be greatly appreciated..

Reactions: Shevchenko

·
Registered
892 Posts
Look into the Dawson sight line. They sell sets and front only and have a nice line of suppressor height sights.

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,071 Posts
Cremaley, I'm not sure that suppressor height sights would be better, isn't the Romeo1 Pro set up to co witness with the standard X-ray front sight? When you were zeroing your Romeo, didn't your current sight set up co-witness so your poi was the same. If so, and you replace the standard front sight with a suppressor height front sight, the poi will certainly change - I believe the impact will be lower. I'm not an expert, but I think you did the right thing by shooting out the question before spending the money. It's interesting and I'll be glad to hear what others advise you.

·
Premium Member
9,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look into the Dawson sight line. They sell sets and front only and have a nice line of suppressor height sights.
Thanks. I'll check those out.

·
Premium Member
9,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cremaley, I'm not sure that suppressor height sights would be better, isn't the Romeo1 Pro set up to co witness with the standard X-ray front sight? When you were zeroing your Romeo, didn't your current sight set up co-witness so your poi was the same. If so, and you replace the standard front sight with a suppressor height front sight, the poi will certainly change - I believe the impact will be lower. I'm not an expert, but I think you did the right thing by shooting out the question before spending the money. It's interesting and I'll be glad to hear what others advise you.
Yes the Romeo 1 Pro is set up to co-witness with the standard X-Ray front sight. I was just wondering if a suppressor height front sight would offer any benefits since it is taller. The problem with me is I'm always trying to make improvements to my handguns and in some cases its not necessary. This may be one of them.

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,071 Posts
Yes the Romeo 1 Pro is set up to co-witness with the standard X-Ray front sight. I was just wondering if a suppressor height front sight would offer any benefits since it is taller. The problem with me is I'm alway trying to make improvements to my handguns and in some cases its not necessary. This may be one of them.
Roger that.

·
Premium Member
9,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roger that.
By the way I did not co-witness the red dot with the front sight. I was told by many including some professional shooters that's a waste of time. I simply zeroed the red dot to match my point of aim so I'm not sure adding the suppressor heigh front sight would change my red dot POI.

Reactions: Devereaux

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I have been considering putting Sig X-Ray extra height sights on my AXG and/or X-Carry Pro. I run a Leupold DPP on both. I wouldn’t try to dial in the “dot” and sights together. The iron sights would be their own entity, as a back up. I have pretty consistently read that “dots” that top load a battery are taller and don’t easily co-witnesses with even tall sights. I have seen this on a few pistols. All of my red dots are “top loaders”. The exceptions where tall iron sights co-witnesses are my Kimber Aegis Elite and FN 509 Tactical. No problem with them. I suppose in time I’ll experiment with one of my P320 pistols.

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,071 Posts
By the way I did not co-witness the red dot with the front sight. I was told by many including some professional shooters that's a waste of time. I simply zeroed the red dot to match my point of aim so I'm not sure adding the suppressor heigh front sight would change my red dot POI.
Interesting. as an experiment, I wonder if it would be worth your time to tape a small piece of plastic tor something small on top of your front sight that will simulate a suppressor height sight and take a look to see if it is worth pursuing.

·
Premium Member
9,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting. as an experiment, I wonder if it would be worth your time to tape a small piece of plastic tor something small on top of your front sight that will simulate a suppressor height sight and take a look to see if it is worth pursuing.

Not a bad idea.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The standard X-ray front sight with the Romeo notch will have a high POI, like 3" at 15 yds or so if I remember.

I called Sig and bought an X-Five Fiber optic front sight from them for like $12 and got free shipping. It's the perfect height to give a proper POI using the Romeo notch. If you want tritium, Dawson sells a front sight in a variety of heights.

I don't know how tall the X-ray suppressor front sight is, but it's likely too tall and would give a low POI.

·
Premium Member
9,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The standard X-ray front sight with the Romeo notch will have a high POI, like 3" at 15 yds or so if I remember.

I called Sig and bought an X-Five Fiber optic front sight from them for like $12 and got free shipping. It's the perfect height to give a proper POI using the Romeo notch. If you want tritium, Dawson sells a front sight in a variety of heights.

I don't know how tall the X-ray suppressor front sight is, but it's likely too tall and would give a low POI.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,071 Posts
Thanks for sharing.
I'm telling you, hanging out on this forum has enriched my knowledge base.

Now that's interesting and much cheaper. Might be a good candidate for at least an experiment, for my money, it might be better than the tritium, especially since there isn't any tritium counterpart on the Romeo. I'm curious, how did you know to get the X-Five front sight?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm telling you, hanging out on this forum has enriched my knowledge base.

Now that's interesting and much cheaper. Might be a good candidate for at least an experiment, for my money, it might be better than the tritium, especially since there isn't any tritium counterpart on the Romeo. I'm curious, how did you know to get the X-Five front sight?
Read it here, of course! :) and I will say that it's not just close - it's dead on, at least for me on an Xcarry. The Xcompact with the 0.3" difference in sight radius might not be quite as perfect but it's going to be very close.

And while it's not a very fast system because of the size of the notch and reduced width of the front post, it's actually pretty accurate because of those things.

Btw first I asked to have it sent out for free 'under warranty' (worth a shot, right?) and they couldn't do that but could do free shipping.

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,071 Posts
Read it here, of course! :) and I will say that it's not just close - it's dead on, at least for me. And while it's not a very fast system because of the size of the notch and reduced width of the front post, it's actually pretty accurate because of those things.

Btw first I asked to have it sent out for free 'under warranty' (worth a shot, right?) and they couldn't do that but could do free shipping.
Great tip! Thanks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Great tip! Thanks.
You're welcome! One more quick detail:

It's end up being a "#2" hold or hold the front sight just under the bullseye - not a cover the target combat hold like Sigs usually are. Small difference in my opinion. If you want to keep using the combat hold you'll still be hitting a bit high, but barely... And much better than with a standard X-ray front.

·
Premium Member
US Army Veteran
1,071 Posts
You're welcome! One more quick detail:

It's end up being a "#2" hold or hold the front sight just under the bullseye - not a cover the target combat hold like Sigs usually are. Small difference in my opinion. If you want to keep using the combat hold you'll still be hitting a bit high, but barely... And much better than with a standard X-ray front.
Thanks again. You know, hitting a little high works for me. Better than low, especially under stress.

·
Premium Member
9,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Depends upon what you're trying to improve. Some things definitely need improvement. Others are more of a "thing", and that often doesn't give you good results. I know - I have a whole bunch of parts I thought would "improve" something and they didn't.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts