SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Wondering if anyone runs a Dead Air Sandman on their MCX using the flash hider.

Any issues mounting the FH with the tapered barrel? Any other issues running suppressed or just the rainbows and butterflies I'm hoping for?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Follow up question - I've been reading about this very-difficult-to-find taper nut adapter that will allow you to mount a standard muzzle device. Anyone know the word on this i.e. if it exists, when it will be released, where to find one?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I called Sig and a taper adapter was shipped that day for free. I deal with Timothy Nevins anytime I need help, he has been terrific.

Reactions: Rutherford2

·
Registered
33 Posts
I suppress mine with a Silencerco Omega. I have the taper adapters on both 5.56 and 300bo barrels. Sig sent them to me. Mine is the 1st gen auto gas block version, it is way overgassed suppressed but 100% reliable both ways

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Nice MCX kit! SIG can ship these taper caps quickly now - and that's great too!

Suggestion for ya. These caps simply slip on the muzzle's taper and the muzzle device torques down on the cap. A smith suggested to me that we should use some high temp anti-seize grease to keep the taper cap from welding itself to the barrel's taper over time.

I use a copper based anti-seize rated to 1,800 degrees, that's available on Amazon & auto parts stores...

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts