SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Super Match Range Day

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Just Plain Cliff 
#1 ·
Nice weather, fair day at the range. Shot 608 rounds, still anticipating the shots, working on that real hard. I will do considerable dry firing holding the sight picture before, during and after trigger pull to help resolve the anticipation. Still not too bad, 24 yards on my range finder, standing, no support or lean, iron sights of course, 4" dia. bull, my hand loads.
Plant Air gun Toy Shotgun Measuring instrument

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, I shoot some steel, various paper targets, and some clay targets lying on the bank at 25-35 yards. Those are harder to hit due to distance and they are lying at a 45 deg angle. Best I did today was 4 in a row before a miss. Pretty challenging for an old gardener!

Reactions: Carmel Sig and Tgg
#4 ·
Training new IPSC shooters, I've often found that focusing on relaxing particularly your upper back tends to help with anticipating recoil. Deep breath and as you exhale, release all the tension in your back and upper body. Then break the shot. The trick is to still keep a firm grip on the gun while the rest of your body stays as relaxed as possible.

#5 ·
Excellent! Looks good! Some day I want to run across one of those I can shoot a few rounds through.

...and such an UNUSUAL post! A post with a picture of a dirty gun that actually gets shot instead of pristine, polished, adorned with artwork or exotic grips, and laying in some cool background obviously longing to be used as they were really intended!

Thank you for posting a dirty gun! Dirty guns are the best looking.

#8 ·
Yes, I shoot them! Check my round count in my signature. They also get routine tear downs and greasing and oiling. Thanks

#6 ·
JonasQUOTE="JonasAberg, post: 6004186, member: 170274"]
Training new IPSC shooters, I've often found that focusing on relaxing particularly your upper back tends to help with anticipating recoil. Deep breath and as you exhale, release all the tension in your back and upper body. Then break the shot. The trick is to still keep a firm grip on the gun while the rest of your body stays as relaxed as possible.
[/QUOTE]
Jonas, I will try that technique, I appreciate the advice.

#7 ·
Not bad at all from a standing position at 24 yards. For me those flyers are from
loosening the grip and/or jerking the trigger.

Also, I'm sending flyers more at the end of my session much more than when I start.
I chalk that up to fatigue I may not feel. I think we all assume because a pistol only
weighs say 30oz-50oz it doesn't fatigue our arm (and even grip). When I'm at the gym,
one of the last set of reps I do is with 10# dumbbells. I hold them with a "pistol grip" and
swing them in front of me for 8-10 reps. Helps immensely (when I remember to do it).

Further proof of this theory is shooting with my girlfriend. She's well trained and knows how
to shoot. But she also weighs 80#'s dripping wet and has never seen the inside of a gym.
After 30-45 minutes of shooting she's hitting her silhouette target in the nuts (unintentionally :p )
Then the "i'm tired" complaints start. Yep, arm/grip fatigue.

#9 ·
I only wish I could shoot like that at 24 yards. Nicely done!

#10 ·
QUOTE="ARMORY CRAFT, post: 6025053, member: 212994"]
I only wish I could shoot like that at 24 yards. Nicely done!
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Milos, you sold that Supermatch to me a few years ago. I believe I shoot it slightly better than my PPC Skeleton. Could be the barrel weight.

Reactions: Carmel Sig
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.