SIG Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for 'creative' ways to store all my P320 fun stuff.

Previously someone suggested a soft pistol case with various mag straps. The looked great but the issue I'm running into is barrel storage. I keep my barrels well greased with Lubraplate and I wouldn't want that stuff getting on the inside of a soft case.

Extra barrels
compact - 40
compact - 9mm threaded
sub-compact - 40 or 9mm

Barrels normally in slides
compact - 357sig
sub-compact - 40 or 9mm

I was at a big box store and say this Plano container in the fishing section. I looked like the right size for my 3 extra barrels and some small bits. It was also cheap. Just over 5 bucks ... I think. I'm going to swing back and pick one.

2350000 3500 STOWAWAY® UTILITY BOX
Plano Molding | 2350000 3500 StowAway® Utility Box

This got me to thinking. The boxes are very configurable. The plastic seems non-abrasive and shouldn't damage anything.

Anyone have experience using these boxes for slide/frame combo when the FCU is not in the configuration?

·
Registered
988 Posts
I use similar Plano boxes for my small parts (sights, barrels, grip screws, etc.). I label each box with which gun it is for (P239, P229). Works great

Reactions: ray1970

·
Registered
17,769 Posts
I've got 2 plano boxes I use for magazine storage for handguns and 2 more plano boxes I use for gun parts. They're both the large size.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I use the Plano boxes too... one has all of my cleaning supplies and cleaning tools and others have spare parts, etc., by brand... yes, just a little OCD. :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
I also use the small, plastic tackle boxes to store my small parts. I have two of them with spare AR parts, one full of Glock bits and pieces, and a couple with miscellaneous parts and pieces from various other handguns.

The tackle boxes are kept inside a medium sized plastic tub along with spare parts that won't fit in the small boxes- stocks and forends, scope mounts, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts