SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not normally a boastful person but today, in spite of being 74 years old and having mild arthritis in my hands, I successfully installed Short Reset Trigger kits in my p227, p229 and p239.

I saved the p239 till last because I could only find one video on installing the SRT kit in a p239 and that one involved a total tear down of the gun. The kit was installed in that video as almost an afterthought. I will tell you it took a lot of patience, and a little luck, to get the p239 done. I could have removed the locking block and trigger bar but what the heck.

Now all my p2XX series DA/SA guns have the same trigger action and similar reset characteristics. It is a good feeling.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Congratulations Oldduke. It's satisfying to accomplish something like that. I put a SRT kit in my P227 and changed out the trigger to the "fat" trigger.

That SRT kit really makes the reset nice!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,619 Posts
Oldduke, congratulations are in order, and yes those smaller single column designs have the same parts packed into a smaller package making things a little tighter!!!

Reactions: Oldduke

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Congratulations and good going!!!

Don't forget to do the pencil test, or better yet, manually check that firing pin block releases FP no later than sear releases hammer. This is a tad more critical in DA, as the hammer releases with the trigger a little further forward than in SA.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Congratulations.
It is a very satisfying accomplishment. Once you have them and use them you will never go back.
I have SRT on all my SIGs. Either from the factory or self installed.

Enjoy !!!!

Reactions: Oldduke
1 - 11 of 11 Posts