SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
My LGS and range just started doing e1forms a couple of weeks ago. They also have the Silencer Shop kiosk. I was having issues getting the kiosk to take my FPs and they mentioned they had their own scanner for form 1s so I brought my MPX over and we did a form one on it their scanner worked well. I paid the $200 to ATF online and when I asked about their fee they told me regular members were free.
The manager asked how the Silencer Shop FP thing was working out (arthritis frozen knuckle of little finger in the fist position) and it was not even reading any of my FP. He put a drop of Lucas gun oil on one finger pad and hand me spread it across all of the fingers and the scanner read every print the first try. Washing hands before scanning seems to be a bad idea.
Don't even get me started with the kiosks and taking your fingerprints. It took a couple of attempts. The owner of the LGS/range helped me out and she said as long as it registers they are good. so even poor quality prints on the kiosk are ok.

My local shop here in NH has just stated doing digital prints and photos. Costs aren't set yet but they will be around $40.00 or so. I'm guessing if the purchase is made at that time they will include that cost. They also have filled out most of my Form 1 and 4's over the years. Getting the kiosk from SS is not really needed.

One thing the owner did pass on is that recently dealing with SS as a retailer is not what it once was and he has started getting the NFA products from other sources. SS is not the only game in town for retailers.
Which gun shop is that? 🤔

I find it ironic that UPS - who has gone out of its way to make shipping firearms difficult - offers EFT services to help you file eForms.

My local shop here in NH has just stated doing digital prints and photos. Costs aren't set yet but they will be around $40.00 or so. I'm guessing if the purchase is made at that time they will include that cost. They also have filled out most of my Form 1 and 4's over the years. Getting the kiosk from SS is not really needed.

One thing the owner did pass on is that recently dealing with SS as a retailer is not what it once was and he has started getting the NFA products from other sources. SS is not the only game in town for retailers.
The benefit, imo, is their single shot unlimited trust. I can also order from other businesses and have it shipped to my LGS/range that is part of the SS network, so I can take full advantage of their system and my unlimited SS trust.

Discussion starter · #26 · (Edited)
Yes, I agree with the Silencer shop portal to the ATF, it is extremely slow. But the wait from when you submitted to when it was ready to certify is for their compliance team to review your paperwork.
Paperwork? What do you mean? My registration info in the Silencer Shop portal is current and was most recently updated in November 2022. Registration info shows as complete and has been for 3 months. So, what paperwork was Silencer Shop reviewing?

Edit: Sorry. Just noticed on another thread that you've only recently submitted your first NFA item and it was through Silencer Shop. Congrats! I have transferable MGs, SBRs, SBSs, and suppressors. I've gone through Silencer Shop a half dozen times in the last few years. (Not for the MGs, obviously.) So I'm still at a loss to understand why it took Silencer Shop an extra day for "paperwork." But whatever... both eForm 1s are awaiting ATF approval, so it's all good. Cheers!

Paperwork? What do you mean? My registration info in the Silencer Shop portal is current and was most recently updated in November 2022. Registration info shows as complete and has been for 3 months. So, what paperwork was Silencer Shop reviewing?

Edit: Sorry. Just noticed on another thread that you've only recently submitted your first NFA item and it was through Silencer Shop. Congrats! I have transferable MGs, SBRs, SBSs, and suppressors. I've gone through Silencer Shop a half dozen times in the last few years. (Not for the MGs, obviously.) So I'm still at a loss to understand why it took Silencer Shop an extra day for "paperwork." But whatever... both eForm 1s are awaiting ATF approval, so it's all good. Cheers!
For example, I was converting my SIG Virtus to a SBR. After I submitted the eform 1, Silencer Shop's Compliance team emailed me to change the model name from MCX to SIG MCX.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
For example, I was converting my SIG Virtus to a SBR. After I submitted the eform 1, Silencer Shop's Compliance team emailed me to change the model name from MCX to SIG MCX.
Okay. I guess?

Cheers!

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Got the approved eForm 1 for my Aero M4E1 this morning. 4 weeks to the day from submitting it on 1/27. 20 business days. Will be interesting to see how much longer it will take for the Colt M4 carbine approval to arrive since it was actually submitted first, but only by about an hour earlier that same day.

Got the approved eForm 1 for my Aero M4E1 this morning. 4 weeks to the day from submitting it on 1/27. 20 business days. Will be interesting to see how much longer it will take for the Colt M4 carbine approval to arrive since it was actually submitted first, but only by about an hour earlier that same day.
I submitted on 1/13 and just got one of my approvals today. Mine is the pistol brace form..
Says approved with conditions and lists the rule as the condition.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Discussion starter · #32 ·
I submitted on 1/13 and just got one of my approvals today. Mine is the pistol brace form..
Says approved with conditions and lists the rule as the condition.
View attachment 509454
So my standard eForm 1 took a couple of weeks less time to come back than your brace-specific eForm 1. I wonder if that's reflective of a bunch of brace forms coming in right away and the standard eForm 1s actually getting processed quicker, or if it's a difference in approvers. Who did yours? Carol Ripley processed mine.

Edit: Also, does listing that rule as a condition for the braced pistol mean the brace cannot legally be swapped out for a stock?

So my standard eForm 1 took a couple of weeks less time to come back than your brace-specific eForm 1. I wonder if that's reflective of a bunch of brace forms coming in right away and the standard eForm 1s actually getting processed quicker, or if it's a difference in approvers. Who did yours? Carol Ripley processed mine.

Edit: Also, does listing that rule as a condition for the braced pistol mean the brace cannot legally be swapped out for a stock?
Mine was approved by Kristen Miller. I'm wondering if they have a small dedicated team for the pistol brace forms due to the large volume of submissions. My last regular form1 was like 14 days...so the pistol brace forms are definitely taking longer.

Same here 1/27/23 to 2/27/23 for the form 1 on my MPX. It got engraved today and my spare folding stock from my MCXs is mounted.

Mine was approved by Kristen Miller. I'm wondering if they have a small dedicated team for the pistol brace forms due to the large volume of submissions. My last regular form1 was like 14 days...so the pistol brace forms are definitely taking longer.
The NFA group on FB had a poster post a copy of his form1 that was approved on Sunday.
Someone is working overtime to get through these, it would appear.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Got my form 1 approved today. That's 32 days from submission.
Are you spamming all the threads with the same update? Hmm? [emoji16][emoji56][emoji482]

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Got the second approved eForm 1 (for my Colt M4) this morning. So, it took 20 business days for the Aero M4E1 and 24 business days for the Colt M4. Both forms were submitted the same day (about an hour apart from one another), so it's odd that they weren't done together... but I suppose expecting efficiency from a federal agency is unreasonable. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

First form was approved by Carol Ripley and this second form was approved by Brian Martin (at least I think that's the last name).

Reactions: voelfgar
21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.