SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! New to the forums. This might have been asked already but I haven't been able to find an answer so I apologize in advance if this is a redundant question. So I recently purchased a p320 compact. My goal is to put a subcompact grip module on it. I recently came across the railed version, which was exciting because I really want to add a laser to it, however it looks like it only comes in the medium size? Do they offer the railed SC grip module in the small size like the unrailed version? I'm guessing not since I've been looking for days without success. And if they don't does anyone know if they plan to offer it in different sizes? It would be perfect if they offered the Lima5 in the subcompact small frame but I know that won't even be out for a while.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The sub compact small in .45 does have a rail. The module for 9mm, .40 and .357 does not. Sig seems to have lost interest in supplying grip modules they already should have available, I don't know if you'll see an sc with a rail, but I don't think I'll be able to buy a compact small 9mm module in my life time. Since I can't get the compact small I'm using the sub compact small with the 12 rounld mag and a 21 round mag with the x grip adapter as an extra. I have a Surefire XC1 on the medium compact module that came with the gun and would also like a railed 9mm sub compact.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ohio. The information sig78257 gave you the correct information

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes and the quick reply. That's a shame the grip modules are still so hard to come by. I wonder if it will become easier to get a hold of them once they fulfill their contract with the army? I hope that's the case at least.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The sub compact small in .45 does have a rail. The module for 9mm, .40 and .357 does not. Sig seems to have lost interest in supplying grip modules they already should have available, I don't know if you'll see an sc with a rail, but I don't think I'll be able to buy a compact small 9mm module in my life time. Since I can't get the compact small I'm using the sub compact small with the 12 rounld mag and a 21 round mag with the x grip adapter as an extra. I have a Surefire XC1 on the medium compact module that came with the gun and would also like a railed 9mm sub compact.
^I did not know about the subcompact small in 45 coming with a rail - good news - when Sig finally comes out with it, I'll most likely be grabbing one as a "little brother" to my Compact 45 -

·
Registered
372 Posts
SIG had a production blip with the grips that has caused some new owners to believe that they will never be readily available again.

I don't believe that will be the case. :rolleyes:

In the meanwhile, if you want any grip that doesn't seem to be available, call SIG CS and they will backorder it for you. You'll likely get one out of the next batch made.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also would like the option of a rail on a sc9 in size small. I've been playing around with texture stippling with success, and may just shave down a medium railed to small specs and re-texture the grip. I really hope sig produces one from the factory.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Subcompact frame small = no rail

Subcompact frame medium = rail

I have both ;)

Subcompact frame large = doesn't exist

Not sure on Sig's logic for it but that's the way it is. My only guess is the subcompact small is for "ultimate concealment" so they wanted to make it as small as possible.

Reactions: WolfKing

·
Registered
37 Posts

I have both ;)

Not sure on Sig's logic for it but that's the way it is. My only guess is the subcompact small is for "ultimate concealment" so they wanted to make it as small as possible.
Is this 100% ...... I am about to order some Talon Grips ....

I have a SubCompact grip WITH a rail, and the initials on the back of the grip are : S-M

Its the S-M designation on the grip that confuses me....

·
Banned
156 Posts

I have both ;)

^^^^^^TRUE..... I have them also

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.