SIG Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is often not mentioned about the strike 2 capability, just cock the hammer the second try and let her go, the Ambi Safety is a major plus too. This has been a long time gripe of mine compared to Glocks as well as many more optional carry modes. (cocked and Locked chambered, not cocked no safety on chambered, cocked safety on not chambered "easy rack" etc.) onP938 has a consistent trigger pull and expected accuracy. If you had to do a head shot in McDonalds to a wacko killer you will likely make it. Not to mention the awesome night sights, Stay with HQ defensive ammo for carry. It will help your accuracy and stopping power. Carry On, in your ankle, in your waist, in your pocket etc...:D

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I don't really follow your thread but to find that you like what you have which is always a good thing...

I think many find the "second strike" of traditional double action pistols and some DAO pistols to be quicker but I'd bet everyone would be happiest without ever needing the second strike ability...

I've been shooting pistols since 1984 or thereabouts and can count on one hand the times I have needed a second strike ability...and it seems those times it was cheap ammunition...I have had a malfunction of one kind or another at times too but taking cheap ammunition out of the equation has usually been self made (in my cases) with semi-automatic pistols...

train with what you like and you should be fine...listen less to what the experts say on the errornet and you'll find shooting more satisfying...good luck with your choice.

Bill

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
That second strike thing is nothing more than marketing to sell more hammer fired pistols. Hammer fired pistols have always been able to do that. I do prefer hammer fired as you can have a double action mode that you can't get with striker fired pistols, I don't care what glock says, they are single action only, how many different ways are there to pull a glock trigger? Just one. Hammer fired pistols also have better feeling triggers in my experience, there might be some out there worse than striker fired but I haven't felt them. Glock is junk by the way, unless you like pistols that jam all the time and have terrible feeling triggers then they are the bee's knees. :lol:

·
Premium Member
36,215 Posts
I would rather have a single side safety on a carry gun. I am right handed so will use the left side. Even in the low percentage thought that I could be forced to shoot left handed I would likely go to what habit tells me and work the left safety even if a right side is available. I would be more concerned about not having it covered in a holster. I rarely ever see a ambi holster.
In a pressure situation I would be more inclined to clear instead of a second strike, because I would not know for sure I had a light strike. I would rather carry a gun that never light strikes at all, or have a reputation for light strikes. My 239 has no reputation.
Of course as to either the safety or the clear, I may plan ahead, but I have no friggen clue what I would really do, as it would be a first time thing for me, and adrenalin would be pumping in gallons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts