SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shooting with a friend yesterday. He purchased a Stoeger 9mm pistol.

He is new to semi-auto pistols. I could hear him depressing the trigger at times, and just a click but no ignition. 2 or 3 clicks occasionally, and then it would fire. No racking the slide, no additional steps. He thought it was something he was doing incorrectly, he said "slapping" the trigger.

Didn't make sense to me and I asked to shoot it. It did the same thing for me. It wasn't anything he was doing. It wasn't predictable at all when it would occur. It's pretty new, and I told him it needs to go back, that it isn't right.

For knowledge and learning.......any ideas what was happening? There was a live round chambered. I checked the 2 or 3 times it happened to me. It didn't required anything beyond additional trigger presses to get an ignition. There was a "click" that could be felt, even though the striker obviously didn't release.........I guess.

Thoughts??

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ide say pull the trigger to 1 "click" and see if the primer was hit. Might be light striking. If so check the ammo. It might just be picky.
But overall regardless of ammo, ide return it and get something else . Not something ide trust my life on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
If it was Russian ammo it is more likely that ibourque154 is correct as their primers are typically "harder".

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Any chance the slide was just a hair OOB? That would cause a dead trigger on many pistols.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Is this a Stoeger with the slide-mounted decocker/safety?
Any chance the thumb inadvertently partially activated the safety?
Yeah, probably not but thought I should mention.

·
Premium Member
10,049 Posts
If it's the newer striker-fired pistol, does that model actually allow for additional pulls/strikes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts