SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We waited for the bugs to get worked out with these incredible pistols. Finally went ahead and bought two - his 'n hers standard P365s, born in 2020. Have fired about 500 rounds combined total through the two of them with zero malfunctions of any kind. Have read how "snappy" they are - but neither my wife nor I find them at all difficult to control. Double taps are actually pretty quick and easy!

But......

One week into ownership and the front "XRay" sight on hers has gone dim. In fact....it has no glow at all. The green surround is awesome in daylight. But last night I noticed that the Tritium has either died or escaped the front tube. I've read this was a known problem - and a search here on the forum shows it has occurred even into 2019. But this is a 2020 gun! And I can't believe Sig would continue to release guns with obviously unreliable tritium vials.

I know Sig CS will make it right. But I don't get why they made it wrong in the first place when they've KNOWN about this problem. A little disappointed. Love this little pistol. But there is no excuse for this problem continuing....

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,722 Posts
That sucks but Sig will make it right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just discovered that my P365XL has the same problem. It's a carry gun and hasn't been out of the holster lately, so I don't know when in the last week or so it happened, but the front sight is totally dead. :)

Will I need to send the whole gun back to Sig, or just the slide?

·
Registered
622 Posts
This begs the questions:

Is this a design problem by the sight manufacturer?

Is this a manufacturing process problem by the sight manufacturer?

Is this a quality problem caused by careless employees by the sight manufacturer?

Is this problem undetectable by their quality control department BEFORE the product leaves the sight manufacturer's doors?

Or:

Is this a manufacturing process problem by Sig?

Is this a quality problem caused by careless employees by Sig?

Is this problem undetectable by their quality control department BEFORE the product leaves Sig's doors?

·
Registered
833 Posts
This begs the questions:

Is this a quality problem caused by careless employees by the sight manufacturer?

Is this problem undetectable by their quality control department BEFORE the product leaves the sight manufacturer's doors?

Or:

Is this problem undetectable by their quality control department BEFORE the product leaves Sig's doors?
Yes

·
Registered
89 Posts
YES
YES
YES
NO
YES
YES
NO
Go figure..
This begs the questions:

Or:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have a proper sight pusher, they will send you a replacement (hopefully it will last more than a week or so). I don't...so I'm sending my slide back. :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE:
SIG replaced the tritium front sight on my wife's pistol and got it returned very quickly. Problem solved.

BUT.....

This week I was shooting MY 365, and the whole tritium insert, green surround and all, came flying out of the front sight post to be lost forever. So my slide is going back to SIG tomorrow.

What in the name of hell!? Both little guns shoot well. I love em. But Sig can't build or buy a reliable front sight!?

·
Registered
138 Posts
That's disappointing to say the least. I really like the design of the Xray's and was planning on upgrading a few Sigs to them. Sounds like it might be worth the extra $ to go to Trijicon HD's. I did notice the Xrays only have a 5 year warrantee. Seems they don't have much confidence in them either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts