SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw on Facebook that the State of New Jersey is Suing Sig over Faulty Duty Weapons. They were supposed to be getting P229 in one model but Sig Substituted them for P229 Stainless Elites. There were all sorts of Extractor problems etc. Wish I could cut and paste the article, but I do not know how.:(

·
Registered
2,946 Posts

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
I hope that NJ wins!!
Maybe it will FINALLY teach SIG Sauer to start investing in improving QC/QA back to the level that made SIG Sauer legendary for good reasons!!! :mad:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Ridiculous.

I don't believe it. I guess NCIS, Secret Service,etc have been wrong all these years and 229's are secretly junk.

Please.

Let me guess, they are replacing them with Glocks?
From Laws360 article, I think the problem is with the new P229 Enhanced Elite that comes with long extractors and full serrations. In the article, it also mentions that they initially tested the P229 Legacy with no problems. I assume it refers to the legacy slide with short extractors.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
I don't know about the 9MM Mouse weapon on the 229. But the .40 and 357 have been as reliable as taxes to me with a wide variety of ammunition. The only way I have had issues is if I Weak Wrist it or (occasionally) I thumb nudge the slide release which causes the pistol to not lock open.
Both of these are Operator error.

I wonder if the problem is with he NJSP?

Nothing else works in New Jersey.

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
I don't know about the 9MM Mouse weapon on the 229. But the .40 and 357 have been as reliable as taxes to me with a wide variety of ammunition. The only way I have had issues is if I Weak Wrist it or (occasionally) I thumb nudge the slide release which causes the pistol to not lock open.
Both of these are Operator error.

I wonder if the problem is with he NJSP?

Nothing else works in New Jersey.
I've had no issues with P229s in 9mm.

Even my 9mm X-Change kit works like a champ on any P229 I slap it on.

SIG just built that batch "fast and sloppy." And they had no right to send them a model that they did not select. They should have fulfilled the contract as written, or offered the agency a choice of a refund or a the option of selecting another weapon of equal or greater value at no extra cost (which the agency would have to evaluate).

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
P.S. This thread should have been in the News sub-forum.

SIGTalk mods are getting lax on keeping the content in the appropriate sections.

Before long, we'll be having a huge thread about Glocks in a SIG Pistols sub-forum. We don't want to be like that site. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Before long, we'll be having a huge thread about Glocks in a SIG Pistols sub-forum. :rolleyes:
Hey, GBIA...

I've started loading 200 grain bullets over 8 grains of Hodgdon Longshot for my awesome Glock 40 with an RMR and Bar - Sto barrel!

This Glock be like, awesome!

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.