SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always liked the all stainless p229 but am not seeing them anymore. Are all models discontinued? If so may quickly find a P226 before they might go...just have many more mags and holsters etc for my 229s.

·
🎖USA Veteran
56,614 Posts
i don't believe the all stainless 229 ever was on the website, only a few ads & promotions.

·
Registered
23,704 Posts
Maybe not since they redesigned it. It was before that.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought two off gunbroker recently. One seller had them priced at $800 NIB, so I couldn't refuse. Sig had these listed on their website last year at a retail value of around $1400. I figured I would get one for me, and one To keep unfired for future resale value. These are the only steel frame 229 ever made to my knowledge, and I think they will be a collectors item one day.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for any confusion, basically looking for either sse or the normal stainless. Just like the stainless look and for ease of finish on frame (live in climate with a fair amount of salt).

·
Registered
367 Posts
I realize this thread is about the stainless 229's and not the SSE series, but I was wondering.

With Sig now making the Stainless Steel Alloy models(where it is a stainless slide with the aluminum frame painted to look like steel), does that mean they will be fazing out the the Stainless Steel Elite series in favor of the more cost effective ones?

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you go to this active link from Sig's website you can see they still have the SSE -Stainless Elite- advertised twice on their page. Once in the top banner if you scroll the 3 pics up top. And then in a lower section. But when you go to the available models, the SSE is not listed anywhere(or the ASE version). And if you click the button for more info on the top banner under the Stainless gun, the link is dead. Kinda weird they still Feature the gun on their site, but it is not available. https://www.sigsauer.com/products/firearms/pistols/p229/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.