SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am still waiting for back ordered X-5 Legion (this will be my first gun) and the same time i am looking to local listings.
Yesterday i found staccato 2 in my area but only comes with 2 mags he is asking for $1750 i offered him $1500 (he only accepts cash) he said not a bad offer but he declined my offer.
i am on the market for home defense and i want to have fun at the range.
i am planing to stick at $1500 and wait not sure if this is a good deal or not.
any thoughts?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Depends on the condition. For $250 more ($1999), you get a new one with three mags, warranty (the used one may have warranty too) and you know the complete history! Free shipping from most dealers. In stock everywhere I search for them. I’m looking at one too. That or the Staccato-P for the same price. Three mags with either.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on the condition. For $250 more ($1999), you get a new one with three mags, warranty (the used one may have warranty too) and you know the complete history! Free shipping from most dealers. In stock everywhere I search for them. I’m looking at one too. That or the Staccato-P for the same price. Three mags with either.
Would you buy C2 or P used for $1500?
1 mag is missing actual cost will be additional $70-$80 more
i feel like i am getting ok deal, not a great deal.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
The guy selling has a used gun that doesn't even come with all the original accessories (you don't mention if it includes a box + papers but those affect price as well). In my mind, missing items justifies AT LEAST a 25% hit from it's original purchase price. If it's missing box/papers perhaps more... and that's assuming it's in like new condition/gently used condition.

As someone brand new to the firearms world, I would be hesitant to purchase a used gun even from a reputable seller (unless you're talking to a friend or close associate). Do you know how to function check the pistol? Would you be able to tell if there was something critically wrong or if it had excessive internal wear? I've been acquainted with firearms for a moment now and can't even spot critical flaws on brand new pistols, much less used ones. I like to think I'm observant... but I guess not. Perhaps you'll be better than I, but as a brand new gun owner I would suggest probably not.

Long story short... Stay strong at $1500. Maybe a little more if he'd offer to throw in the 3rd magazine and it has box+papers.

Link below shows 3 dealers have them in stock. Two at $1999

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/10-805000

There is nothing quite like the smell of 'brand new'. Savor it. Unless you can get a significant discount on the used stuff always go new!

Disclosure: I'm not a dealer or seller. I'm not even particularly in key to the used market on this particular pistol. I do however spend a lot of time on gunbroker and have strong opinions :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Would you buy C2 or P used for $1500?
1 mag is missing actual cost will be additional $70-$80 more
i feel like i am getting ok deal, not a great deal.
Good question. Unfortunately, too many variables for me to speak specifically about that gun (really, any gun I haven’t personally held or checked out). I do buy used guns frequently. Several, actually. Last year, I picked up two discontinued STI pistols. Both are in excellent condition, came with the factory box and paperwork and necessary tools. Both are 6” single stack 1911s, one in 9mm, the other is in 45 acp. The 45 I believe that I got for a fair market (being used and discontinued) price. The 9mm was as new in box, not appearing to have been fired at all. That, and being that it was also discontinued (and highly desired by me!), I paid above market value just to snag it, creating a “family” of Target Masters. Paid more than $1500 for each.
Like I mentioned, I am now looking into the 2011 STI pistols. The two STIs that I have, have been exceptional!! I also have a Tripp Navigator in 9mm. Also excellent/exceptional. Tripp, was the “T” in STI. Now, new and different people are involved with the former STI company. So for me, it will be a new -P or a C2
The used C2 @ $1500 is a decision you’ll need to make. Sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for all feedback.
i keep learning more and more about guns everyday and i agree that i shouldnt buy used gun on my first purchase. Used guns purchase looks like require little experience.
I really like flat shooting guns so i kept looking to custom cz's and DW's but looks like x-5 legion is the best gun for the money.

·
Registered
266 Posts
If the quality of my STI Edge in .40S&W is any indication... these pistols are of exceptionally great quality. The feel of slide on frame with my Edge feels like the pistol was made by Rolls Royce. Shooting it feels like a Rolls Royce, as well.

GREAT pistols from STI.

·
🎖USMC Retired Premium Member
2,310 Posts
I have a friend down the block who has several. He loves them. I have an OLD STI that's an IPSC race gun. It has done yeoman's work in competition, with nary a hiccup. I hear, though, that Staccato is having mag issues. But that's rumour. I personally never had any trouble with my STI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.