SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With all of the news about the SSG 3000s being discontinued, I thought I would treat myself to some range time with mine.

Shooting prone off bipod and rear bean bag, the first three shot group was even cold bore... I only shot the 6 rounds through her today. I just figured I would quit while I was ahead.

Its a shame we won't be seeing anymore of these coming in country. They're nice rigs.

Shooting @100yds

Specs:
Trijicon Accupoint 20x
Champion 9-13" swivel bipod and rear bean bag
Leupold MkIV rings
SMK GMM 175 grain manufacturer ammo

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Nice shooting!

Trijicon AccuPoint 5-20x50mm, with what reticle?

100 yards? :)

Reactions: russmerle

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol yea I forgot to post that it was at 100. ;)

I have the MilDot reticle... Super nice scope

Reactions: Edsel

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Reactions: russmerle

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Sure.

I like archiving the range reports for posterity... :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
That they will not be sold in the US down the road?

Or that they will be sold in the US down the road?

I heard they were not shipping anything from Germany (action/barrel) anymore due to foreign affairs type issues.

·
Administrator
37,710 Posts
There's a number of threads here regarding the German ban on exporting SIG parts/guns to the US. Who knows when/if it will be removed. Until then, nothing is coming from SIG Germany to the US. Thats not to say that once they have their Swiss plant operating, that won't happen.

The SSG 3000 is a mere spec on SIGs voluminous offerings of firearms being made in the US. I do hope they make them again. It's one of the finest rifles out of the box ever made IMO. I have one, made in Germany :D

It's all conjecture at this point - that's why I said internet rumor - there's no proof one way or the other.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks,
Had it custom done by a local gunsmith, it's a mix of ceracoat and hydro dip... then finished with a clear, matte ceracoat for durability.

The scope is a Vortex Viper PST 4-16X50. Waiting on a OD Green Thunderbeast suppressor to complete the build.

·
Administrator
37,710 Posts
I thought that was Vortex - wasn't positive though. That's a really nice job on the camo :drool:. How long is your wait for the suppressor? I recently ordered the Silencerco Omega in 7.62 so it will work on my 5.56 and .300 BLK rifles also. Got about 4 months left - damn gubernment :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
I expect it in my hand (actually on rifle, lol) by the second week of April. Went with the TBA 30PS (7" direct thread).

I should probably do an intro post too, lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wow, that's a big increase... over double what I paid. The mags are crazy expensive too.... may have to suck it up and buy a spare though.

I looked for hard for mine and had several distributors looking as well.... I eventually found 3 of the 18" ones in ND. Picked up 2 out of the 3 last Nov.

·
Premium Member
16,974 Posts
I heard their availability is a temporary issue and they may be sold in the US down the road.
Hmm. Interesting choice of words.

A lot of us feel Sig kinda sold the US down the road regarding these fine rifles already....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,851 Posts
Some nice shooting. Looks like a .5" group. Congrats!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts