SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Earlier this month I bought a new 9mm P226 TacOps.

I wanted it for main use as a HD gun.

Two ranges sessions thus far and I'm really, really, really liking the gun !!!

It's been my first DA/SA in several years and it's the very first SRT trigger I've used. I really like the SRT. It is super.

I liked this gun so much that I wanted to get another for carry use. I found what I was looking for from an online dealer that I've used a fair amount in the past. I bought the gun and it arrived at my FFL yesterday.

It looks great and has the features I wanted for a ccw P226....well, almost al the features.

It was advertised by them as being SRT equipped, however, it is not. I discovered this after getting home and dry firing the gun. I've sent them an email and am waiting on a response.

I like the gun and would like to get some range time with it this weekend, however I know the trigger isn't going to be agreeable. I want it set up with the same feel as my TacOps.

So.....how difficult is the SRT to install by a first timer ?

How would you handle this situation ?

UPDATE:

Crazy timing.....I posted this thread and then just moments later I'm in contact with the dealer I bought the gun from. They were extremely friendly and said they were working on my case now. She said that she'd already been in touch with Sig and was contacting TALO since it was a special exclusive model offered by them. She checked around and saw that all the new listings for this gun from other dealers also listed this edition as having the SRT, yet it does not come with it. I checked my box label and sure enough the SRT isn't listed among the features.

I was headed to the range in an hour or so but was advised to hold off on shooting the gun and let her get some more footwork done on her end.

Extremely friendly and really have me a good confidence that this will be resolved.

I'm not sure the rules of the forum so I'll hold off on saying who the dealer is until I know if it's okay to mention such.

The gun, though, is listed in many places as the Sig P226 TALO Edition Classic Carry model: SRT, Sig night sights, G10 grips, three 15-round magazines and no rail.

I'll update as I learn more. In the meantime, I'm off to the range to shoot that sweet TacOps and a couple other guns.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
As I understand it the SRT isn't that difficult to install. I'm not confident you'll have much success from the dealer you got the gun from, but certainly run that out and see what they're willing to do. They may refund you a little money, or, more likely, give you a credit.

Reactions: DubfromGA

·
Registered
240 Posts
Earlier this month I bought a new 9mm P226 TacOps.

I wanted it for main use as a HD gun.

Two ranges sessions thus far and I'm really, really, really liking the gun !!!

It's been my first DA/SA in several years and it's the very first SRT trigger I've used. I really like the SRT. It is super.

I liked this gun so much that I wanted to get another for carry use. I found what I was looking for from an online dealer that I've used a fair amount in the past. I bought the gun and it arrived at my FFL yesterday.

It looks great and has the features I wanted for a ccw P226....well, almost al the features.

It was advertised by them as being SRT equipped, however, it is not. I discovered this after getting home and dry firing the gun. I've sent them an email and am waiting on a response.

I like the gun and would like to get some range time with it this weekend, however I know the trigger isn't going to be agreeable. I want it set up with the same feel as my TacOps.

UPDATE:

Crazy timing.....I posted this thread and then just moments later I'm in contact with the dealer I bought the gun from. They were extremely friendly and said they were working on my case now. She said that she'd already been in touch with Sig and was contacting TALO since it was a special exclusive model offered by them. She checked around and saw that all the new listings for this gun from other dealers also listed this edition as having the SRT, yet it does not come with it. I checked my box label and sure enough the SRT isn't listed among the features.

I was headed to the range in an hour or so but was advised to hold off on shooting the gun and let her get some more footwork done on her end.

Extremely friendly and really have me a good confidence that this will be resolved.

I'm not sure the rules of the forum so I'll hold off on saying who the dealer is until I know if it's okay to mention such.

The gun, though, is listed in many places as the Sig P226 TALO Edition Classic Carry model: SRT, Sig night sights, G10 grips, three 15-round magazines and no rail.

I'll update as I learn more. In the meantime, I'm off to the range to shoot that sweet TacOps and a couple other guns.
Well, if you do want to install the SRT, it's not hard, but a bit fiddly the first time you do it. Ferrari Steve has an excellent video on installing the SRT
https://www.realgunreviews.com/upgrade-a-west-german-sig-sauer-p226-to-legion-specs/7/. I have done it several times and find it easy to do.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Sounds like this is an evolving situation, but if you ultimately decide to keep the gun and install the SRT yourself, be assured that it is very simple.

There are YouTube videos that will show you how. Follow along and you'll be done in minutes.

Reactions: DubfromGA

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely a developing situation.......and very nice to know that the trigger may be an easy upgrade to do myself if it comes to that.

Thank you.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I just did a quick Google search on your gun and it appears that Lipsey is the distributor and the description shows it with SRT.

SIG SAUER P226 CLASSIC CARRY 9MM - SIE269CC - TALO EXCLUSIVE - E26-9-CC - UPC:798681567416 - Lipseys.com

With all due respect. In order to test the SRT in you EMPTYgun:
Are you pulling the tigger in DA first, holding the trigger back, racking the slide and then moving the trigger forward to test your reset ?
If you are doing the above and you still have a long reset maybe Talo/Lipsey forgot to install the SRT kit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just did a quick Google search on your gun and it appears that Lipsey is the distributor and the description shows it with SRT.

SIG SAUER P226 CLASSIC CARRY 9MM - SIE269CC - TALO EXCLUSIVE - E26-9-CC - UPC:798681567416 - Lipseys.com

With all due respect. In order to test the SRT in you EMPTYgun:
Are you pulling the tigger in DA first, holding the trigger back, racking the slide and then moving the trigger forward to test your reset ?
If you are doing the above and you still have a long reset maybe Talo/Lipsey forgot to install the SRT kit.
Yes....I'm dry firing the gun in DA, holding the trigger back while racking the slide and then slowly extending until reset clicks. It is the standard trigger and feels nothing like the SRT in my TacOps.

·
Registered
11,562 Posts
Based on advertised specs, both your pistols should have the SRT mechanism and I'd be very surprised if they didn't. To be sure, simply remove the slides and inspect the mechanicals in the frame. Use this pic for reference:
P-series SRT:STD Comparo.001.jpg
If you still aren't sure, post a well lighted and focused picture from the same angle as the attached pic and we can tell you what it has.

What your pistols don't have in common is the trigger; the TACOPS is fitted with the short Trigger-7 while the TALO is fitted with the standard Trigger-6. These feel very different in my hand, especially when shooting. It's an easy swap to replace either one so that your pistols match.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Based on advertised specs, both your pistols should have the SRT mechanism and I'd be very surprised if they didn't. To be sure, simply remove the slides and inspect the mechanicals in the frame. Use this pic for reference:
View attachment 128850
If you still aren't sure, post a well lighted and focused picture from the same angle as the attached pic and we can tell you what it has.

What your pistols don't have in common it the trigger; the TACOPS is fitted with the short Trigger-7 while the TALO is fitted with the standard Trigger-6. These feel very different in my hand, especially when shooting. It's an easy swap to replace either one so that your pistols match.
Excellent info, thank you.

I wasn't aware the trigger itself had different versions.

My favorite trigger length is the long triggers on the 1911.

It'd be awesome to have a longer finger position with the short reset on these P226 pistols. I'd take that and grin all day long.

·
Registered
55,927 Posts
View attachment 128850

What your pistols don't have in common is the trigger; the TACOPS is fitted with the short Trigger-7 while the TALO is fitted with the standard Trigger-6. These feel very different in my hand, especially when shooting. It's an easy swap to replace either one so that your pistols match.
stolen

Attachments

·
Registered
11,562 Posts
Inquiring minds need to know.

Excellent info, thank you.

I wasn't aware the trigger itself had different versions.

My favorite trigger length is the long triggers on the 1911.

It'd be awesome to have a longer finger position with the short reset on these P226 pistols. I'd take that and grin all day long.
So, tell us what you see when you look inside of your TALO P226; SRT or standard reset sear and safety lever.

·
Registered
821 Posts

Mmmmmm ... I like that ... SRT or no SRT.

The kit isn't hard to put in, but it can be a bit fiddly the first time like lpesenson said.

I see the wrong specs listed from wholesalers a lot. Wrong pictures and descriptions cut & pasted from another model is real common. If it was supposed to have the SRT or not, I bet your dealer will make it right.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It is easy to do the srt. I did it in 10 minutes the first time doing anything to a pistol. Their is a great video here on the forum that shows it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
821 Posts
where can one find those black G10 grips with the SIG on the side? Those are sweet.
I like them too, but you'll probably have to buy the gun to get them. :eek:

They look similar to the grips on the P225-A1 Classic Carry. Those are made by Spaulding Composites Inc. exclusively for SIG. They also make the grips for the 1911 Nightmare.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks.

I really like the grips, too. Not so aggressive on the sides that they'll grab a shirt.....but really grippy on the backstrap. Perfect for carry grips, in my opinion.

I have no idea where to find them for sale. Hogue sells G-10's for these guns....I wish LOK and VZ would add them.....P238/938 is all I see listed from them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Easy to install... have done it on a P220 carry, and on two different P226 models. See the following and the videos therein:

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/55856-plan-install-srt-p226-nitron.html
http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/22488-p220-srt-install-following-p229-youtube-video.html

Thank you. Looks fairly straightforward.

I may result to doing this myself, anyway.

The dealer just called me back to say they'd not heard back from TALO today.

Sucks because I can't shoot it and had planned on some range time this weekend. There's no way I can resolve it next week during workdays, either.

This is going to take forever if I wait on them to get things corrected. I suspect that TALO is likely reviewing it carefully due to the number of these things that are likely out there being sold with advertising stating they are SRT equipped.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You mention that the trigger is nothing like your tacops, your tacops has a short REACH trigger, the skinny sig trigger and the Classic Carry has the standard trigger. The SRT (short reset trigger kit) is not the trigger itself, its a kit that includes a modified safety lever and sear that reduce the amount of travel required to reset the trigger. The triggers themselves should feel different between your two guns because they are. Is the reset itself really different between these two guns? Others have purchased the classic carry version and I have not heard anyone comment that they received one without the SRT components installed.

If its the short reach trigger that you like, that is an easy fix because many people prefer the standard trigger.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts