SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sig Talk,

I have just gotten my silencer in hand. Installed the muzzle brake base, installed the muzzle brake and timed it.

Following the user manual, I am now trying to attach the silencer to the taper mount system. The problem I have, the”tube” will not clear the taper ring itself. So because of this I cannot of course get the threads to grab and screw on.

Has anyone seen this or have an idea of what I could be doing wrong? I have watched quite a few videos, it looks like the tube should clear the taper with ease and simply thread into place.

My next step is to call Sig Support but it is the weekend right now so I figured I would start here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had good experiences with their customer service for suppressors via email and over the phone. A few of those times were just questions from me, no actual issues with the product. I'm willing to bet they ship you out the correct QD mount right away, assuming that's the issue, which it sounds like is the only logical reason.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had good experiences with their customer service for suppressors via email and over the phone. A few of those times were just questions from me, no actual issues with the product. I'm willing to bet they ship you out the correct QD mount right away, assuming that's the issue, which it sounds like is the only logical reason.
Good to know. Also, thanks for the advice. I will let you know what happens.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Yeah, probably SIG's 7.62 brake. For perspective, here's a pic with their 7.62 muzzle brake adapter on right. While you've got SIG on the phone, suggest asking for a spare crush washer. These washers are single use and handy to have another available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, probably SIG's 7.62 brake. For perspective, here's a pic with their 7.62 muzzle brake adapter on right. While you've got SIG on the phone, suggest asking for a spare crush washer. These washers are single use and handy to have another available.

View attachment 369234
Thanks for the advice. In my email to them I asked for three extra crush washers just to have them as spares. When I get home later I’m going to measure the taper with a micrometer and then I’m going to measure the taper inside of the silencer and compare the two.

Also in your photo what is the name of the muzzle device on the far left and is that called a blast forwarding device?

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
That's an early version of Primary Weapons Systems' CQB Compensator. I run a Surefire SOCOM556-RC 5.56 can. Here's their Warden blast regulator that mounts with SF's QD

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the advice. In my email to them I asked for three extra crush washers just to have them as spares. When I get home later I’m going to measure the taper with a micrometer and then I’m going to measure the taper inside of the silencer and compare the two.

Also in your photo what is the name of the muzzle device on the far left and is that called a blast forwarding device?
Let us know the measurements. I have a SRD762QD suppressor, so I can easily check the measurements of mine in comparison to your measurements.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Sounds like you accidentally got an SRD762 QD mount with 1/2"-28 threads with your suppressor instead of the smaller SRD556 mount.
That would be my guess. the differences in size are not that great that it is readily apparent.
Was it the adapter that came with the suppressor or a spare ordered from a vendor?

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Yeah, sure looks like a 5.56 adapter. Here's my SRD762 brake with taper at just under 1.09" or > than your 24mm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 762QD mount is measuring 1.096", so you have the correct mount, but I suspect the 2-port flash hider might be the cause of the issue. I found out with my 2-port that came with suppressor that when I put it on a 1/2-28 mount it would hit the center part of the blast baffle. I contacted Sig about it and they had informed me they had issues with those and only sell the micro (1 port) brakes now. They have also made some rolling production changes along the way on the mounts as well. I would try installing the flash hider muzzle device onto your mount and see if the suppressor will then attach (your suppressor should have came with a muzzle break and 3 prong flash hider.

This is one of the pictures I sent Sig with my explanation of what I encountered:

Rolling production change on the mounts. These are both 762 mounts, but you get the idea and can see the height difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@kansascity45 and @fullsemiauto556 (that’s a brilliant name btw) I have a quick update,

I spoke to Sig support and they were great, they put a new muzzle brake base and flash hider in the mail for me on Tuesday.

This evening I was going back through the installation again and found my mistake. As I mount the muzzle brake I held the crush washer in the middle of the Mount so it floats and isn’t hanging on the threads. But, as I timed the washer I must have fallen out of center. I could see it was about 1/2mm off center and that was causing the hang up. I feel a little crazy for not noticing, but it’s such a small fraction of a mistake I almost think it could have been a note within the instructions. But I can also understand maybe it’s more obvious to other gun owners

I am going to follow back up with Sig and let them know about my mistake. We will see if they want the new part back.

Thanks for the help and advise. It was very frustrating and but the forum was helpful and I plan to use this forum for more learning.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.