SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to get a CCW and i am in between the new Spingfield XD-E and the Shield Performance (ported)....the Shield has been out for a while now....anyone has XD-e yet? what is the feedback on it?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I would recommend the shield. It is proven. The Xde is too new. They had problems when the xds came out and I can only imagine here will be problems there too. It is also a little on the heavy side.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Search the site for posting about Springfield. Seems they contributed to Illinois anti-gun politicians then clamed they did not know. Last I saw there was a big push back against anything Springfield. Till further information I will not purchase anything Springfield.
I recall hearing the same at some point.

Even without the Springfield controversy, the Shield is a no-brainer at $215.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Even without the Springfield controversy, the Shield is a no-brainer at $215.
100% agree with this. I know 3 people that have the XDs but they NEVER shoot them. (I don't understand people like that, but anyway..) So I can't get any feed back from them.
But I know other people that own, and actually shoot the Shield and its reported to be is a strong and reliable platform.

AND IT'S PORTED, DUDE!

·
Registered
74 Posts
An XDe was on my short list until they stabbed us in the back. Unlikely you'll find anyone that would recommend anything from Springfield. I'll just have to keep carrying my 9mm Shield (going on 4 years now) until someone else comes up with a small single stack DA/SA.

I would not recommend the Performance Center model Shield however, more ways for **** to get inside the gun.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
I don't know much about the E, but the Shield is a fine little gun, especially for the money. I have three in my household, and they're all brilliant little guns.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Shot the XDE recently. The trigger was very smooth in DA but did stack towards the end. Wasn't a fan of the forward trigger position. I felt it left little room to get your finger in the guard, especially in a defense situation.

I totally second the PPS, especially with the $100 rebate.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
I'd suggest a non ported shield.

The XDe is unproven and Springfield has proven unworthy of our business IMO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Search the site for posting about Springfield. Seems they contributed to Illinois anti-gun politicians then clamed they did not know. Last I saw there was a big push back against anything Springfield. Till further information I will not purchase anything Springfield.
Got a link for that?

Also, to my knowledge all IL politicians are anti-gun

:mad:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've held the XDe and played with it. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't get it. It's a hammer gun with a manual safety with dimensions like the XDs. The 938 feels more concealable to me so I'd buy that if I wanted a hammer fired, MS, CCW. The world is moving to striker fired, no manual safety guns pretty fast and this doesn't seem to fit. The one very nice feature was the very noticeable ease of racking the slide. That will likely be attractive to females who struggle with the stiffer slides like the Shield.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Haha Magavin, I didn't say I was only moving to striker fired, NMS, I said the world seems to be. Look at the new guns released and it seems all the manufacturers are focused there. That's why I find the XDe a little odd.
I know, and I agree it is going that way. That was just my response to the "trendy Industry"

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I carry a shield and was intrigued by the hammer fired XDE but after taking a look at the specs I decided to end our affair right there. It's a bigger gun with no round count advantage to support it. And that big old safety on both sides is hideous.

FWI: I find the 9 Shield pleasant to shoot, and no serious difference in the 40. This surprised me because I have owned both the G23 and G27 and hated both. The shield handles the 40 very well.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Nothing against Springfield, but I would go with a non-ported Shield. Shield has been around for awhile now, S&W reputation, reliability, made in America and tons of accessories from triggers, sites to holsters. Plus buy before June 30 and get the $75.00 rebate.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I love Springfields guns, well made and a lot of thought seems to go into them. I never did like the Shield myself, at first maybe but I wasn't as accurate with it as I wanted to be. I loved my XDs though, fantastic gun, the Mod2 as well. I like striker fired as much as SA/DA but having a hammer is pretty nice as long as you're used to it.

The fact that the XDE is a mix between the Mod2 & XDS + hammer is pretty appealing. Single stack and that ergo grip texture is also a plus. I don't think the safety sticks out that far. I would have preferred it was only on one side or at least have the ability to change sides, but lefties are probably loving it. Btw, the safety is also a decocker if pulled all the way down.

If you like it get it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
The XD-e is very interesting design and will probably end up with one. it may spend its life as a safe queen, which is fine, as it will not be lonesome. have never owned or shot a Springfield . I did own a Shield 9mm for awhile but never did fall in love with it. didn't dislike it, but we never did connect.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.