SIG Talk banner
241 - 245 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I ran my Prodigy today.
In a previous post I mentioned that I cleaned up all of the burrs on the inside of the mag feed lips. (The 17 round mags were bad, 20 round mags not so much).
I also tuned the extractor. It was “death grip” tight!
Anyway, a quick trip to the range today. This thing ran flawlessly. I only ran 100 rounds through it, but, flawless. (Half AE and half Blazer Brass).
I shot several mags slowly and several rapid fire.
I think with mine the extractor was the biggest problem, with rounds on FTF not freely sliding up under it. We’ll see.
My next time out I’ll run some Remington. As I previously stated, I had the most trouble with them chambering. Well, 5 out of 74. But in checking the case size, that batch was consistently .002-.003” larger in diameter than Blazer or AE! So, the chamber might be a bit tight. I’ll gauge mine the next time I clean it.
Hopefully I can get out between the upcoming rain and run a few hundred through it and really see.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are you going to contact Springfield and share this info? According to what you've shared, it sounds like your barrel is slightly out of spec. Maybe they'll send you a new one?
I will be sending them an email to see how they respond. Most of the time manufactures want you to send the whole gun in. I’d rather not do that and have it gone for who knows how long but I’ll see what they say.

I did contact a company about having the chamber finish reamed to SAMMI specs and they said it sounds like the leade is out of spec sand the turn around time is fast and it’s only a $40 service.

before I go out this weekend I guess I’ll use the barrel as a case gauge itself to know what rounds to bring 🤣

·
Registered
348 Posts
I ran my Prodigy today.
In a previous post I mentioned that I cleaned up all of the burrs on the inside of the mag feed lips. (The 17 round mags were bad, 20 round mags not so much).
I also tuned the extractor. It was “death grip” tight!
Anyway, a quick trip to the range today. This thing ran flawlessly. I only ran 100 rounds through it, but, flawless. (Half AE and half Blazer Brass).
I shot several mags slowly and several rapid fire.
I think with mine the extractor was the biggest problem, with rounds on FTF not freely sliding up under it. We’ll see.
My next time out I’ll run some Remington. As I previously stated, I had the most trouble with them chambering. Well, 5 out of 74. But in checking the case size, that batch was consistently .002-.003” larger in diameter than Blazer or AE! So, the chamber might be a bit tight. I’ll gauge mine the next time I clean it.
Hopefully I can get out between the upcoming rain and run a few hundred through it and really see.
Thanks for the feedback. I was a little leery at first, but Im really starting to want a 4.25 example.
Im not a competition guy, but this just seems like it would be a super fun range gun.

The non sponsor feedback has been pretty good. 10-8 Performance, and Thehumblemarksman seem to appreciate this platform. As well as Honest Outlaw.

241 - 245 of 245 Posts