SIG Talk banner
201 - 220 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
23,802 Posts
The Prodigy piques my interest. I think I'll wait for the .45ACP version and the 10mm version. 😁 (maybe)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’ve passed on both the 4.25 and 5-inch. Too many issues being reported on the internet and besides I have a Staccato (STI) DVC that is 6 ounces lighter, a mm smaller grip, functions 100% with no mods, and is more accurate than I am. I’ll likely get one eventually as Ihave that disease, but for now I’ll wait for them to wring out the bugs and prices to come dow.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ran another 150 rounds through my Prodigy this morning (FMJs and M1152 RNs), no issues. ;)

Wilson Combat #13 recoil spring arrives tomorrow, and I'll report back after I get a chance to test it out.
Why bother even trying to fix that piece of ****. Too many issues! 6 OZ heavier than Staccato. 6 freakin onces are why Evil Kenevil falled the snake river canyon jump in his rocket bike and blew up the space shuttle!!! That is only $166.666666667 more per once reduction. A bargain at double that price. Dont be a cheap ***! A mm winder than a staccato which comes out to only $100 bucks per 10th of mm reduction. For another 1000 you can get it 2mm smaller. Plus the Staccato only needs 1 recoil spring that be switched between all guns to run everything! No staccato has ever had an issue of any kind ever! They are just as good as Atlas guns!! Most do not have the ability to understand or even have access to a gunsmith who can even do a spring swap, let alone clean and lube a gun or get an engineering degree to take part and clean a mag if needed. Just because your works with no mods and mine works with a spring(and may have run just fine stock), and so many other run fine! These guns are Junk!

·
Premium Member
13,585 Posts
I’ve passed on both the 4.25 and 5-inch. Too many issues being reported on the internet and besides I have a Staccato (STI) DVC that is 6 ounces lighter, a mm smaller grip, functions 100% with no mods, and is more accurate than I am. I’ll likely get one eventually as Ihave that disease, but for now I’ll wait for them to wring out the bugs and prices to come dow.
Frankly, if you have a Staccato there's no real point, aside from maybe a backup if you compete with it.

Reactions: Kos1

·
Premium Member
13,585 Posts
Kudos to Springfield for getting some cool stuff out but they really need to up their QC. But by now many of us know to wait a bit when any new gun hits shelves.

Reactions: Kos1

·
Registered
175 Posts
Why bother even trying to fix that piece of **. Too many issues! 6 OZ heavier than Staccato. 6 freakin onces are why Evil Kenevil falled the snake river canyon jump in his rocket bike and blew up the space shuttle!!! That is only $166.666666667 more per once reduction. A bargain at double that price. Dont be a cheap *! A mm winder than a staccato which comes out to only $100 bucks per 10th of mm reduction. For another 1000 you can get it 2mm smaller. Plus the Staccato only needs 1 recoil spring that be switched between all guns to run everything! No staccato has ever had an issue of any kind ever! They are just as good as Atlas guns!! Most do not have the ability to understand or even have access to a gunsmith who can even do a spring swap, let alone clean and lube a gun or get an engineering degree to take part and clean a mag if needed. Just because your works with no mods and mine works with a spring(and may have run just fine stock), and so many other run fine! These guns are Junk!
You forgot to do it in all caps so that your sarcasm could have maxed out the obnoxious meter. Easy there, Carl. It’s not like no one here has ever called out why they’re sticking to a Sig instead of a newcomer before.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Fabulous...

Thanks for the head's-up!

Reactions: Hammer

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Well, that's not the first time I've heard of people having function issues when using Atlanta ammo - and not just in 9mm, either. Chamber might very well be too tight with reloads having under-sized brass... One might try quality ammo such as Federal AE, Winchester duty-grade, CCI Blazer Brass. I just got done running 100+ trouble-free rounds of CCI Blazer brass 124-gr. through my Wilson CQB yesterday... The Prodigys I have examined are nowhere near the quality of my Springfield Professional w/rail... If you want a pistol built to a price point that you feel is "affordable", buy a Glock or a P320. Just don't expect it to even come close to a SA Professional, Wilson Combat, or Nighthawk Custom. Heck, my Wilson 1996A2 exudes more quality than the SA Prodigy, Operator, TRP. etc., let alone the Staccato. Their Professional series guns are true custom shop pistols with a commensurate price. You are paying for the handwork required to properly fit and tune a 1911. Back in the last two centuries, Colt and Smith & Wesson handguns were expensive for just that reason, and knowledgeable pistoleros and gunmen who were intent on having any edge to staying alive gladly paid the price. Nowadays, they have been taken over by bean-counters who, like most consumers of today, think that if it looks like a duck, it must be one, so they make something that looks just like the great model of the past on the outside, but is clapped-together junk on the inside.

·
Registered
507 Posts
After break in of 500 rounds with 14lb spring. Switched back to stock. Runs perfectly. 200 Rounds, zero malfunctions and shoot much flatter minus losing my balance. So 700 rounds and 1 stove pipe around the 300 round count.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Gotta say fellas, this 500 round break in stuff has always sounded bogus to me. A fella I know that actually builds race 1911/2011 said it was total b.s. that the 500 round thing was just to cover their *** (Less Baer, Ed Brown etc) - I gotta agree with him.
Either they run good or they don't.
My P226X5 wouldn’t run to slide lock and occasionally an FTE, until I ran some heavier rounds through it. It’s a really tight pistol. Just need to be run a bunch. Now it feeds and dejects anything from 115 gr up. So yeah, while it sucks and tacks on another $100+ to the costs, some guns do require break in.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well, that's not the first time I've heard of people having function issues when using Atlanta ammo - and not just in 9mm, either. Chamber might very well be too tight with reloads having under-sized brass... One might try quality ammo such as Federal AE, Winchester duty-grade, CCI Blazer Brass. I just got done running 100+ trouble-free rounds of CCI Blazer brass 124-gr. through my Wilson CQB yesterday... The Prodigys I have examined are nowhere near the quality of my Springfield Professional w/rail... If you want a pistol built to a price point that you feel is "affordable", buy a Glock or a P320. Just don't expect it to even come close to a SA Professional, Wilson Combat, or Nighthawk Custom. Heck, my Wilson 1996A2 exudes more quality than the SA Prodigy, Operator, TRP. etc., let alone the Staccato. Their Professional series guns are true custom shop pistols with a commensurate price. You are paying for the handwork required to properly fit and tune a 1911. Back in the last two centuries, Colt and Smith & Wesson handguns were expensive for just that reason, and knowledgeable pistoleros and gunmen who were intent on having any edge to staying alive gladly paid the price. Nowadays, they have been taken over by bean-counters who, like most consumers of today, think that if it looks like a duck, it must be one, so they make something that looks just like the great model of the past on the outside, but is clapped-together junk on the inside.
Who brought the grouch?!

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I took the Prodigy out again today. Only 74 rounds. (I had other range work to do)!
This time I used a different ammo. Remington 115 grain FMJ. Had 5 failure to feed, all with the 17 round mags. With this ammo a gentle tap did not chamber it. I didn’t force anything, just cleared and kept going. Although it looked as though it wouldn’t get under the extractor. I should have snapped a pic.
So far the 17 round mags have been the ones with that issue.
These five rounds then fed fine with my AXG Pro.
When I got home, I grabbed a caliper and checked the case diameter. It was consistently .002-.003 larger than the Blazer Brass and American Eagle I ran previously through it.
The 17 round mags bug me. The rounds rattle around a lot when fully loaded. The rattle actually starts after round 9 is loaded. It makes me wonder if the spring isn’t compressing evenly allowing the follower to get out of position.
I’m going to clean it up and lube and go back out next week.
I think I’m going to order some Wolff Commander length recoil springs and try them out also.
We’ll see.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
After break in of 500 rounds with 14lb spring. Switched back to stock. Runs perfectly. 200 Rounds, zero malfunctions and shoot much flatter minus losing my balance. So 700 rounds and 1 stove pipe around the 300 round count.

Who’s spring did you order? For a 5” or 4.25”?

201 - 220 of 245 Posts