SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been loving my P320 and its going to become my goto for .... well .... everything. For camping/hiking/backcountry I would like a high capacity 357sig or 40sw option. I've been looking at the Springer extensions and Grams follower setup.

My thought is to setup one of 14rd 357sig/40 mags with the extended base plate setup. I would then use that for my primary 'camping' mag. I would use the mag in either a Compact or Carry frame.

Has anyone use these extension and follower combos?

Is the 140mm length more reliable than the 170mm?

Do they require any modifications to the frame or a specific frame size?

For camping/hiking would people go with the matching black extension or visible red?

Springer Precision SIG P320/P250 9/40 EZ 140mm base pads
Springer Precision SIG P320/P250 9/40 EZ 140mm extended capacity base pads

SP SIG P320/P250 170mm extended capacity base pads
Springer Precision SIG P320/P250 170mm extended capacity base pads

·
Registered
303 Posts
1. I haven't used them

2. I wouldn't imagine one is more reliable than the other. Springer is gtg.

3. No mods to the frame. These extensions are for the full size mags only. So if you mod a full size mage for use in a compact or sub compact, there will be a space between the bottom of the grip and the top of the base plate.

4. Personally I would go with red base plates just for flair but black would be more covert.

-Dan

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. I haven't used them

2. I wouldn't imagine one is more reliable than the other. Springer is gtg.

3. No mods to the frame. These extensions are for the full size mags only. So if you mod a full size mage for use in a compact or sub compact, there will be a space between the bottom of the grip and the top of the base plate.

4. Personally I would go with red base plates just for flair but black would be more covert.

-Dan
The flair of the red is nice. Plus red means danger ... stay away ;)

About the only covert part would be the size of my mag (insert joke here). I normally carry on a SafariLand 6004 drop leg rig with bear spray and a PLB (Personal Locator Beacon). Its kind of hard to miss all the stuff strapped to my leg ... :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.