SIG Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for your expertise, experience in a decent spotter scope for shooting out to 600 yds.
Back ground. Neighbor and I are going to a range, to shoot M1s and the range goes to 600yds.
So, we are going to put up a silhouette out there, and see if we can hit it with irons.. Just a fun day.
Cost is sort of a factor, but, we just want to be able to see where it hit, and adjust accordingly..

·
Registered
241 Posts
From my experience:
I use upper end Leupold spotters and a VERY high end Nikon EDG 85mm field scope for spotting at 600 yards. You can only pick out hits on light painted steel at that distance due of the large splash of the hit on the steel. You are not going to be able to see hits on paper at that distance. You would be pressed to see hits on paper at any distance in excess of 200 yards with a quality spotter.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
For 600 yards you may want to consider a target camera. I have a Vortex Razor HD which is pretty darn good for the price but it’s really only good for seeing 308 holes at 400 yards max with optimum conditions. The slightest bit of mirage and you are toast. I would recommend it for steel targets at 600.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts