SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was pricing out a case of ammo, and I see (on ammoseek.com) that I can get Lawman 9mm 124 grain on targetsportsusa.com for 21 cents per round.

For 22 cents, I can get the "cleanfire" version. Is it worth the extra penny?

From the descriptions:

regular: "...new production, non-corrosive, reloadable ammo, featuring brass casing and boxer primers..."

cleanfire: "...patented Clean-Fire primer that contains no lead, barium, or antimony..." and "...new production, non-corrosive, reloadable ammo, featuring a nickel-plated brass casing and boxer primers..."

here are the links:
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/speer-lawman-9mm-luger-ammo-124-gr-tmj-53651-p-1094.aspx
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/speer-lawman-cleanfire-9mm-124-grain-ammo-tmj-53824-p-59062.aspx

Thanks in advance for any insights about the "cleanfire."

·
Registered
17,945 Posts
The cleanfire refers to the primers that contain no lead, unlike conventional primers.

So they're not saying clean burning, they're saying environmentally more acceptable to some people, meaning they contain no heavy metals (in the primer).

The decision is yours.

·
Premium Member
39,149 Posts
I have shot lawman, and never really thought it more than average dirty.

I would just go standard primer. Been shooting it all my life, so why go all fuzzy clean now.

·
Premium Member
18,513 Posts
If you reload, the Lawman brass cases will stand up to more reloading cycles than the nickel plated Cleanfire cases. I've shot several thousand rounds of the Lawman 9mm and don't see it as excessively dirty, but rather quite clean.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clean Ammo?

Thanks for the replies.

Hmmm... one says Lawman ammo is "pretty dirty," one says "average dirty," and one says "rather quite clean."

For me, it works just fine as target ammo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.