SIG Talk banner

Speer Gold Dot 54234 vs 53918

9627 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  XxShowtimexX
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,290 Posts
From another site?

54234 is the normal "semi-hollow" (bad description, I know) bullet for the .357Sig.

53918 has a deeper cavity and is considered the "low penetration" for the .357Sig.
This is correct. The 54234 is a little hotter load and is designed for better barrier penetration. I would be ok with either.

· Registered
491 Posts
357 Gold Dots

Mainer,
Thanks for the tip !!!!!!
$19.99 is a great price.
Never thought anybody could beat SGAmmo but they did by $10 a box
Just placed an order for 4 boxes.
Gold Dots is a good alternative for the elusive 357 HST's.

· Registered
3 Posts

· Registered
7,825 Posts
Dudes 25fps aint gonna make a difference at all.
Difference is bullet design as stated above. One has a deeper cavity designed to expand quicker translating into less penetration.

Target sports is where I order all my ammo from. By the case and it's free shipping. :)

· Registered
1,411 Posts
I made an account, here, just to thank you for this awesome tip!!!
I don't even have a Sig, not that I'm opposed to owning one, I found this thread from googling the diff between GDHP 53198 vs 54234, as the prices were different, yet higher than Target Sports, from my favorite ammo source SG Ammo.
THANKS!!! :D:D:D
You dont have a sig..... "yet":p.... Next post will be, look what followed me home today. :eek:

· Registered
3 Posts
You dont have a sig..... "yet":p.... Next post will be, look what followed me home today. :eek:
Actually, I just logged in to day in order to research the P365.

As a follow up for this thread, I bought a case of thses and had issues with the rounds nose-diving and stopping on the feed ramp of my Glock 27 with a G33 barrel and mag. No issues in my Glock 22 with G31 barrel and mag. Seemed like an OAL problem, but only with the 27. Isent 2 boxes to Speer and the tested and returned 2 new boxes with nothing found. Great customer service, but couldn't carry that combo as intended.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.