SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The second .357 Sig load my coworker wanted me to try was the Speer 125gr Gold Dot. Test gun was a Glock 31 fired into two 16 inch blocks of Clear Ballistics gel.

The first round into bear gel had an impact velocity of 1415fps, penetrated to 14 inches, and expanded to .70 inches. Round two’s speed was 1409fps with a penetration of 16 inches and expansion of .68 inches.

I didn’t get a velocity of the first round in the heavy clothing but it penetrated to 18 inches and expanded to .58 inches. Round two had a velocity of 1425fps, penetrated to 17.5 inches and expanded to .56 inches.

https://generalcartridge.wordpress.com/

·
Registered
413 Posts
The second .357 Sig load my coworker wanted me to try was the Speer 125gr Gold Dot. Test gun was a Glock 31 fired into two 16 inch blocks of Clear Ballistics gel.

The first round into bear gel had an impact velocity of 1415fps, penetrated to 14 inches, and expanded to .70 inches. Round two’s speed was 1409fps with a penetration of 16 inches and expansion of .68 inches.

I didn’t get a velocity of the first round in the heavy clothing but it penetrated to 18 inches and expanded to .58 inches. Round two had a velocity of 1425fps, penetrated to 17.5 inches and expanded to .56 inches.

https://generalcartridge.wordpress.com/
Thanks for your efforts, good information.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Speer's GD 125 is also the key bullet in Underwood Ammunitions 357 SIG offering.
Their bullet is 1500 FPS and provides equal performance in Bare Geletin.

The 4 layers of denim (Tnoutdoors in his many excellent u-Tubes) with the underwood gave similar behaviors to the bare speer. Also he did a exam of the Remington 125 Golden Saber and the performance were almost identical.

The 357 SIG is the king of the 9MM calibers overall. it is what 9MM +P+ wants to be when it grows up.

Reactions: halodub
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.