SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After testing the Speer G2 Gold Dot the next logical step was to try the standard Gold Dot and see if there was any real difference in performance.

Here is a link to the G2 Gold Dot test if you haven’t seen it.

The two bullets in bare gel both had a penetration of 15 inches with a velocity of 988 and 969fps. Expansion was also .57 inches each.

In heavy clothing one bullet penetrated 17.5 inches, expanded to .55 and had a velocity of 983fps. The other one went to 18.5 inches, expanded to .54 inches with a velocity of 972fps.

When I get a chance I will try some out of my three inch Kahr and see if it fares better than the G2.

https://www.bonefroggunclub.com/products/9mm-147gr-speer-lawman-gdhp-1000rds-53619

·
Registered
363 Posts
You should do one for Federal HST
All I carry is Speer gold dot and federal hst, they feel very similar to me i'd like to know if there is actually much difference

·
Registered
23,612 Posts
There are lots of good tests "out there" on the web of the HST.
That stuff is awesome! It is all I carry now; in any caliber.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I finally had a chance to shoot this load through my Kahr MK9 with a three inch barrel. Two rounds fired in bare gel. The first round had a velocity of 893fps penetrated 16 inches and expanded to .57 inches. Round number two also penetrated to 16 inches with a velocity of 876fps and expanded to .56 inches.

All six rounds tested from left to right. First two, bare gel from a Glock 19. Second two, heavy clothing from a Glock 19. And the last two from the Kahr MK9 into bare gel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.