SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Sig, an SP2022. I haven't even shot it yet and I was showing it to my wife.

Is the slide catch lever supposed to lock the slide when you slide it back and the magazine is detached from the gun? The slide locks into place just like it should when the magazine is in... but if I take the magazine out, and want to make sure there is not a round in the chamber, it will not lock into place.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Perfectly normal. It's the mag follower in the empty mag that pushes the slide stop up to capture the slide when empty. No mag means no follower. No follower means nothing to make the slide stop hold it open. Welcome to the forum. Lots of great folks and info here. Enjoy your 2022. It's a great gun.

Reactions: Parkdub

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OhioBob is the man

Thanks OhioBob! Ya I just watched some videos on how to disassemble it and it looked like that was how it should be. I'm sure this won't be my last Sig! and ya this seems like a great site. I really appreciate it

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just nudge up the slide lock lever as you rack it back to lock it open. Enjoy your new Sig! SP2022 9mm FDE is my first (certainly not last!) Sig as well. Love it.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
The videos are a good idea. Taking the 2022 down and putting it back together is sometimes a challenge the first time or two. After that it's a snap. If you have trouble, there are a few disassembly/reassembly threads on the forum as well if you do a search.

Reactions: Parkdub

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay that's good to know! and ya the main spring seems pretty strong so a little awkward at first but not too bad

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi ParkDub,
Congrats on an excellent purchase!

Mine is a dream and have not had any regrets since getting her. I did find it took a lot of rounds (close to 1 000) to break her in, and I started with heavy loads (4.3gr). Now she shoots 4.1gr and 4.0gr loads.

One thing I did which I'd like to believe helped, was locking back the slide when not carrying (e.g. when you're at home) so the spring gets a little work-over. I wonder if this helped loosen the spring a little quicker?

Have fun with her!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts