SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!!

I just recently purchased a SP 2022 in 40 Cal.(Love this gun!!) I was wondering if I change the barrel & mag to 9mm do I also have to change the spring for the guide rod ??

The only reason i'm considering this change is because the 40 S&W bullets are expensive in california .. like everything else here!! LoL!! :lol::lol:

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
The best way to change to a 9mm is to get an X-Change kit. It'll have the 9mm slide, barrel, guide rod and recoil spring. Or you can buy said items individually.

Welcome from Seattle

Ric

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Going down to 9 MM is not A possibility without A 9MM slide. Going up to 357 Sig is A barrel change. But that is even more expensive Ammo. But A fun round to shoot.

But hey look at it this way, Youve got A great reason to buy A new Gun

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going down to 9 MM is not A possibility without A 9MM slide. Going up to 357 Sig is A barrel change. But that is even more expensive Ammo. But A fun round to shoot.

LoL!! 357 Sig was never an option.The bullets are way too expensive. Yes, it is a great reason to buy another gun as long as it gets approved by my SO!! LoL!!

The best way to change to a 9mm is to get an X-Change kit. It'll have the 9mm slide, barrel, guide rod and recoil spring. Or you can buy said items individually.

Welcome from Seattle

Ric
Ohh .. I didn't know you had to change the slide & guide rod also. Do you know how much an X-change kit would cost ??

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
LoL!! 357 Sig was never an option.The bullets are way too expensive. Yes, it is a great reason to buy another gun as long as it gets approved by my SO!! LoL!!

Ohh .. I didn't know you had to change the slide & guide rod also. Do you know how much an X-change kit would cost ??
Not really a need to change the guide rod, just the spring. If you're going to have an upper set up for 9mm, best to have it complete so you don't mistakenly shoot .40 with it.

As far as cost for an X Change kit, honestly, no idea.

Ric

·
Registered
257 Posts

Lol thats what I did! I got tired of trying to find a conversion kit for it and a spare slide/barrel. And when I did find another slide/barrel for another 100ish bucks I could get another one.. So thats what I did =P

·
Registered
471 Posts
As far as I know there are no x change kits for the SP2022. Most likely due to where the serial number is located on the gun. If there was an exchange available then I would think it would be available on The Sig website. Here's the parts section for the SP2022
SIG SAUER Parts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Yes

As far as I know there are no x change kits for the SP2022. Most likely due to where the serial number is located on the gun. If there was an exchange available then I would think it would be available on The Sig website. Here's the parts section for the SP2022
SIG SAUER Parts
SP2022 and exchange kits are not going not be found in the same sentence via Sig Sauer.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
An exchange kit will run you only like $100-$150 less than just buying another 2022 chambered in 9mm

·
Registered
523 Posts
At the price point of the SP2022-9, you will best to purchase another gun.

The slide. Barrel, recoil spring, and magazines will likely total the cost of a new gun and would be best to fine a model shipping with 2 magazines.

*via Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
At the price point of the SP2022-9, you will best to purchase another gun.

The slide. Barrel, recoil spring, and magazines will likely total the cost of a new gun and would be best to fine a model shipping with 2 magazines.

*via Tapatalk
What he said! And that would have to be the way to obtain that stuff as well.... now another potential option COULD be.........since the P250 is now considered by *some* to be the orphaned step child (no it is not a 2022) you might be able to find a P250 in 9 at a pretty reasonable price and then you now open up the switch what you want when you want.... just a thought.

You may also want to look into a used P250 that maybe someone traded in on a 320.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What he said! And that would have to be the way to obtain that stuff as well.... now another potential option COULD be.........since the P250 is now considered by *some* to be the orphaned step child (no it is not a 2022) you might be able to find a P250 in 9 at a pretty reasonable price and then you now open up the switch what you want when you want.... just a thought.

You may also want to look into a used P250 that maybe someone traded in on a 320.....
thanks!! I will look into it!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts