SIG Talk banner

SP2022 modification options?

26788 Views 27 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  greeenteeee
Is there any options out there to make the SP2022 better? (Not saying it isn't good enough)
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,943 Posts
Is there any options out there to make the SP2022 better? ....
Buy a 'real' SIG "P" gun such as a German/W.German P220 / P228 / P226. That solution has worked WONDERFULLY for me. You will be surprised at the difference it makes. Overall fit/finish/workmanship is far superior in the "P" guns. :crazysmile: :sword:

· Registered
1,943 Posts
Actually this thread can be closed or removed. I just looked into them and the double reset thing really has me turned off. Going to get a P229 instead.
See, you are already beginning to see the light. :thumbsu:

· Registered
905 Posts
:rolleyes:

Troll flag. SP 2022 is simply the best OTB standard gun sold - as most know here. The combination of trigger, sights, grip angle and texture, relative weight, finish, barrel to slide fit, ruggedness, accuracy, reliability, and function, are simply the best combination without modification available.

I have felt NUMEROUS SIGS, and OTB, the SP 2022 has the best DA/SA combo in terms of feel than all other models excluding the Legion, and my SP 2022, it beats most legions in smoothness OTB. Sure, reset is a little longer and if an SRT is absolutely your game, get a 229.

But, it is hands down the best OTB. No contest.

I would add that it is likely LESS popular with MANY Americans because we love to tweak.

· Registered
345 Posts
What's OTB?

Shot my 750th round through my SP2022 40S&W today. Was more precise with it than my two other 9s I shot (one of which was a P320).

I'll have to look into the double reset trigger, but I have no qualms with the 2022.

Modifications I've done were purely aesthetic: P2340 slide catch polished and 9mm PARA barrel polished.

· Registered
2,948 Posts
What's OTB?
Out of The Box

The funny thing is the average 2022 OTB has a smoother trigger than a regular brand new P gun (but with a longer reset) and almost guaranteed a better trigger than a sheet metal slide gun.

I'm not one to buy a handgun and start modifying so they have to be darn good OTB or I won't buy them. Because of this and my standards becoming higher as I get older I'm basically done buying older Sig's that need "doctoring" or for that matter standard models. The Legion, equinox, Elite guns are in my sights now but if I find a deal on a 2022 I'll grab it, there to good to pass up ;)

· Registered
345 Posts
Agreed, I started with a 2022 years ago, got a P320 recently. Shot pretty well with them. Picked up a Shield even more recently and immediately looked into modifying/polishing trigger internals once I got to dry firing it a bit because for the first time, the trigger is bothering me-- never with the 2022 or the 320.

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:rolleyes:

Troll flag.
Not at all and I didn't mean it that way in any shape or form. Trigger reset is a big deal to me and a false reset is just unacceptable to me. Combine that with me REALLY wanting a metal frame and my mind is set. I was just trying to not pay $900. :lol: It's not a slap towards the 2022 at all, they are fine pistols.

· Registered
141 Posts
Buy a 'real' SIG "P" gun such as a German/W.German P220 / P228 / P226. That solution has worked WONDERFULLY for me. You will be surprised at the difference it makes. Overall fit/finish/workmanship is far superior in the "P" guns. :crazysmile: :sword:

I just hate that "buy a real SIG" remark-sounds so snobbish(or something else).
I suppose if SIG didn't have more foresight than you, there wouldn't have been a SP2022(SP2009) or the P320(which won a Military contract). Enjoy what you have/like and please stop dissing the other SIG guns.

· Registered
905 Posts
I just hate that "buy a real SIG" remark-sounds so snobbish(or something else).
I suppose if SIG didn't have more foresight than you, there wouldn't have been a SP2022(SP2009) or the P320(which won a Military contract). Enjoy what you have/like and please stop dissing the other SIG guns.
Just ignore it. It goes away on its own.

· Registered
1,073 Posts
I love all this double reset nonsense. I don't know what it is with so many shooters today that they HAVE to have super special snowflake triggers or they can't shoot the gun. Ridiculous. I've been shooting for almost 5 decades and I don't ever remember shooting a gun with an unserviceable trigger. If you pull the trigger it goes bang there's nothing wrong with the trigger. I don't care if it's long, gritty, light, heavy, SRT, whatever. There's nothing wrong with modifying gun to make it your own but to suggest that any modern gun from a major manufacturer has an unserviceable trigger is just goofy.

I have a bunch of Sigs. Most of them are traditional P series guns but one is a 2022 and IMO it's as good as and in some cases better than the all metal guns. If you don't want one don't buy one but don't justify your decision with some lame-*** criticism that has no merit.

· Registered
78 Posts
I am afraid this "double reset" **** is either internet lore or the confusion with a DAK trigger on the P-Series.

OP, you are welcome to shoot either of my P2022's (old and new) and try to find the "double reset." Oh, if you want to try double reset you can shoot my SIG P224 DAK. Otherwise, you are passing up a very fine, affordable DA/SA pistol with a smooth DA and fairly crisp SA trigger in the $400 range!

· Registered
197 Posts
I own and shot over 2k rounds of .40 on my sp2022 without any malfunction and about 600 rounds on .357 sig just with barrel swap with no malfunction.
Only thing I added was steel guide rod but I honestly don't see much difference.
Op, I'll buy another sp2022 at a heartbeat but I too looking for some modification/addons.
wish someone would make match barrel weight compensator like h&k usp for sp2022.
Let me know if you find one :)

· Registered
47 Posts
My First SIG was 2-tone 9mm SP2022.....I still own it and it is one of my favorites........I own 5 other models, mix of actions and calibers but I think the SP2022 DA/SA is one of the finest I've shot. Just seems to get better with age:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.