SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my SP2022 and love it and lookin forth perfect laser/light combo to place on there. Love the looks of the Veridian x5l (I believe that's the accurate name) and was curious if anyone's got one on there SP2022 and if they like he fit and production of Veridian. Pictures of it placed on the gun would be great as I wasn't able to find any on google.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am actually in the same position, got a sp2022 .40 and am looking into the vieridian x5l gen I. I have looked at the verdian website and it appears they advertise as not fitting but states it will fit the p250 . I believe they are virtually the same size gun and the 2022 has a full pictanny rail so I dont know why it wouldn't, plus I have seen pics with it on the springfield xd which is a close comparison in size

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I went ahead and jumped on a great deal. $175 for a new gen1 x5l for my 2022. Well sere if it actually fits but I did more researching. Turns out viridian claims it will fit the sig mosquito which as overall length of 7.2, barrel length of 3.9. The 2022 .40 has overall length 7.7", barrel length 3.9". So if fits a.22 virtually the same size, its gotta fit mine. If not guess I'll be selling the light. Let yall know what happens

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Viridian X5L

Yup, it fits just fine, I have a brand new 2022 my wife gave me for christmas and had a Viridian X5L that I took off my M&P 45 before I sold it. I fits nicely except that the strobe extends about an inch past the barrel. Which mean when firing the light/laser will get coated in residue, but that's an easy fix, just wipe it off and keep shootin' :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I seem to be having trouble uploading a pic but I can now say for a fact the x5l gen1 does in deed fit the rail of a sp2022 .40 perfectly and is a pretty cool laser/light. Very happy with both. The viridian end sits flush with the muzzle and hangs down past trigger guard just slightly but not enough to be in the way. noticeable weight up front un loaded but not enough to be an issue, balanced out with a full mag. Green laser is all the hype they say, unbelievably bright in day or night and you can see a beam in darkness in case thats not for you. Extremely cool tool for hd gun, I'm sure the gen 2 is even better if you want to shell out the $$$.

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
I prefer a Romulan disruptor or phased plasma in the 5 watt range.... LOL All the starwars gadgits and toys in the world will not overcome the lack of basic skill set and muscle memory that comes with proper training. You would do so much better to spend the $$$ on high quality tactical training.

I have to LOL and make sure I keep my distance from all tha yahoo's I see at the range with the laser assistance. THey still end up with targets that look like they were shot with shotguns and not pistols...

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
ronin,

I suppose you think that shooters that wear glasses are not "TRUE" shooters either.
NO.. shooting glasses are a safety precaution that in certain tints add contrast to your vision.

I have yet to see anyone outside of LEO's and military SpecOps, train correctly with laser sighting systems. It should be noted that LEO's and military do frequently use laser sighting systems primarily on CQB weapons like submachine guns and carbines; shoulder held weapons systems that are much more stable. I train A LOT with LEO's and military personnel, and had more than my share of low light/night time training blocks. I have never seen a professional with a "laser" on his pistol... only night sights and/or a rail light.

The trend to put lasers has been primarily in the civilian market and based on my observations, used by people who have not been able to or are trying to shortcut mastering their weapons.

Based on my empirical data, the pistol mounted laser is a nessisary accessory for all Mall Ninja's/Call of Duty master gunfighters. In the real world...not so much.

I would alternatively encourage the money be spent on REAL training with professionals to build muscle memory and combative mindset.

The only good thing about all those lasers is at a square indoor range, I can see who the wingnuts are... cuz their laser is moving all around to the sides and ceiling...which tells me the morons are doing so with their fingers on the trigger!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I own two Viridian X5L lasers. First one went on my FN Five seveN. Then it came off. Ruined the balance of the gun. Then I put it on my HD gun, P226 Extreme 9mm. Again, took it off immediately as it ruined the feel and balance of the gun. So I ended up with one laser on my M&P 15-22 and one on my RRA M-4. The M-4 is now my go-to HD gun. Every time I try to"like" my laser on a handgun it comes off. They are bulky and awkward to me. I do have a Buckmark .22 special edition that came from Browning with a laser that I have left on. To each there own...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Long nerdy post on laser sights

When a laser is mounted underneath the barrel of the gun, the path of the bullet and the laser will cross only once. When mounted to the top of a rifle, the path will cross twice like a scope. The further away from the bore axis your sight is coupled with a slower moving heavy bullet result in a laser only being accurate at one measured distance on an under barrel rail mounted handgun. Because the typical handgun bullet trajectory is much less flat compared to a rifle, the laser is almost a useless tool in my opinion. I have found for myself that having night sights and learning how to shoot my weapon competently eliminate the need for a laser. As soon as my Eotech arrives for the RRA M4, the laser comes back off and gets put in a box. Before I get flamed, this is only my opinion as it pertains ME.

·
Banned
3,162 Posts
Long nerdy post on laser sights

When a laser is mounted underneath the barrel of the gun, the path of the bullet and the laser will cross only once. When mounted to the top of a rifle, the path will cross twice like a scope. The further away from the bore axis your sight is coupled with a slower moving heavy bullet result in a laser only being accurate at one measured distance on an under barrel rail mounted handgun. Because the typical handgun bullet trajectory is much less flat compared to a rifle, the laser is almost a useless tool in my opinion. I have found for myself that having night sights and learning how to shoot my weapon competently eliminate the need for a laser. As soon as my Eotech arrives for the RRA M4, the laser comes back off and gets put in a box. Before I get flamed, this is only my opinion as it pertains ME.
An excellent first hand opinion....and accurate analysis.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have to lol at the disparaging comments and judgments made about people who want to have a laser on their gun. Who gives a rat's *** what someone's assessment or generalization on the use of lasers is? If its your gun and you want to outfit it in any particular way, do so.
And there is one indisputable fact: In a panic situation most people, even those with some fairly extensive training couldn't hit a target from 10 feet, this is well documented.
Someone with a laser stands a far better chance of hitting the bad guy who's just broke into his/her home if he/she can train a laser beam on the perp; the ability to see the beam has an inherently stabilizing/calming effect which gives the gun owner a far better chance of success. And if you're the perp, and see a green or red dot on your chest...I would imagine you are going to leave in a hurry.

No doubt that people with extensive training and good muscle-memory and mental preparedness will ALWAYS have a huge advantage, but few people ever get to that level.

Finally, at the end of the day, some people just think it is COOL to have certain accessories for their firearm. While I prefer the sleek and clean look of an unadorned weapon, I have no beef with anyone who chooses otherwise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have to lol at the disparaging comments and judgments made about people who want to have a laser on their gun. Who gives a rat's *** what someone's assessment or generalization on the use of lasers is? If its your gun and you want to outfit it in any particular way, do so.
And there is one indisputable fact: In a panic situation most people, even those with some fairly extensive training couldn't hit a target from 10 feet, this is well documented.
Someone with a laser stands a far better chance of hitting the bad guy who's just broke into his/her home if he/she can train a laser beam on the perp; the ability to see the beam has an inherently stabilizing/calming effect which gives the gun owner a far better chance of success. And if you're the perp, and see a green or red dot on your chest...I would imagine you are going to leave in a hurry.

No doubt that people with extensive training and good muscle-memory and mental preparedness will ALWAYS have a huge advantage, but few people ever get to that level.

Finally, at the end of the day, some people just think it is COOL to have certain accessories for their firearm. While I prefer the sleek and clean look of an unadorned weapon, I have no beef with anyone who chooses otherwise.
Amen!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been looking for a holster as well that will fit with any attachments on my SP2022, and I finally have found one. Its a website called multi holsters, it basically a custom kydex holster that you can actually pick which style (i.e. OWB, IWB, and paddle), and you can also select all different types of attachments with the holster. The only downside to them is that turnaround time is about 12 weeks with an attachment and 9 weeks without one, as stated on the website, and they are pricy, for example you can get an IWB/OWB holster that works for both for $85 and then another $15-23 for an attachment added. But i guess it comes down to supply and demand, caused I know many people are having a hard time finding holster for yhia the weapon, especially after a light or laser is added. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
Do you have a holster that fits this combination? The C5L and SP2022...

Thanks in advance
For kydex, I recommend Dale Fricke. He has made me a holster for a handgun with a WML.

For a hybrid (kydex and leather) IWB, Concealment Solutions does a nice job.

In either case, they may not have the mold for your light,, but I have provided them with my light and the used it for the mold.

sent from my rotary dial phone using tapatalk2

1 - 20 of 20 Posts