SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!
The first, regards everyone from Spain and thanks for your help.
I've just bought a second hand X-Six and I'm not sure about the model. The previous owner said that it is a PPC, but I'm sure that it itsn't. Reading the gun's paipers says that is a X-Six Match. I leave you some pictures.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgx2ax7ll07342d/IMG_2054.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2p3gvyo3gc99h9f/IMG_2056.JPG?dl=0
The gun was bought for the first owner in 2013 but I don't know the year of manufature.

Many thanks!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's impossible to tell, as all the parts that differ between the two models are interchangeable (and available for purchase). Your gun does have the same grip panels (although they seem to have been cut down), trigger and takedown lever as the PPC model, but they might be aftermarket parts mounted on a regular Match model. The PPC model seems to be available with both standard X-series adjustable sights and Aristocrat Tri-Step PPC sights, so the fact that your gun doesn't have the latter doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't a "original" PPC model.

·
Registered
55,927 Posts
what does the label show??

welcome from az

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
It does look almost like X6E supermatch with the skeletonized hammer, straight match trigger, and the sport takedown lever. However, it has the mastershop grips instead of the G10 supermatch grips.

It is a beauty for sure!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It's impossible to tell, as all the parts that differ between the two models are interchangeable (and available for purchase). Your gun does have the same grip panels (although they seem to have been cut down), trigger and takedown lever as the PPC model, but they might be aftermarket parts mounted on a regular Match model. The PPC model seems to be available with both standard X-series adjustable sights and Aristocrat Tri-Step PPC sights, so the fact that your gun doesn't have the latter doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't a "original" PPC model.
Yes, if It had the Mastershop grips with funnel, the enlarged magazine floor plate and TR2 rear sight It would be a PPC. The extrange thing is that I can't find any similar picture in the Net. I didn't see a PPC or a Match model with this configuration.

Thanks for your opinion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
55,927 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Welcome from USA!!

Great looking gun. These X-Series guns keep popping up here lately. I must find one!!

Reactions: Inmersa

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Yes, but the mastershop grips without the funnel, like if they were cut and without the enlarged magazine floor plate.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2fr6rw015d1rwo/IMG_2072.JPG?dl=0

Thanks.
I agree with sigkimber. It's likely the Supermatch, but that the previous owner took out the alumimum jet funnel, and replaced it with a cutdown PPC grips.

As far as I'm concerned, this ain't a FrankenSIG as someone mentioned. When the major parts like the frame and slide and barrel are original to the gun, it ain't a FrankenSIG, label or no label.

·
Registered
55,927 Posts
sorry but to me without the label, the hammer, trigger & tdl could have been added & the cut down grips.....not much i can say about those.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
sorry but to me without the label, the hammer, trigger & tdl could have been added & the cut down grips.....not much i can say about those.
Understand your point. But mine is different, that's all. There's no right or wrong, here, imo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree with sigkimber. It's likely the Supermatch, but that the previous owner took out the alumimum jet funnel, and replaced it with a cutdown PPC grips.

As far as I'm concerned, this ain't a FrankenSIG as someone mentioned. When the major parts like the frame and slide and barrel are original to the gun, it ain't a FrankenSIG, label or no label.
The owner's manual says that It's a X-Six Match with sport control elements: trigger, hummer, rear sight, .... and wooden grips. Il hope I´ll have soon the answer of the spanish dealer. :huh:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts