SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have always maintained that my all time favorite pistol of all time is the Sig Sauer P226, and in that line I am most partial to the MK25. I'm seriously thinking of selling or trading my brand new, unfired HK VP9 to get a brand new, unfired MK25. Somebody STOP me before it's too late! STOP THE MADNESS...STOP IT I SAY!!!

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
Mk25. ;)

Reactions: 34817 and GCBHM

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
How much are you getting for the trade and how much will you have to come up with for the MK25?

The MK25 is superb...I like HK, but I would do that if the price was doable.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I would stay with that VP9 and if you really want the MK25 get it later to keep the VP9 company.
Probably what I will end up doing...I like both guns, a lot, but you know how there is one thing that gets your attention every time you see that thing? The P226 is that for me, but especially the MK25. I love the original German version as well. It's a very close 2nd, and, at times, maybe edges the MK25, but I've about resigned myself to the fact that I'll have to get one of each before it's over. :cool:

Reactions: SlySleuth

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How much are you getting for the trade and how much will you have to come up with for the MK25?

The MK25 is superb...I like HK, but I would do that if the price was doable.
The MK25s at my LGS are registering at about $900, and I paid $649 for my LE VP9. I could probably get them to give me what I paid for it, considering I am trading up, or they would come off the MK25 a little for me, but at this point I think it would be better just to put the MK25 on layaway and keep the HK.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I watched a new HK fail yesterday at the range, trigger locked up.

There, that should help you decide.
That is an interesting bit of news. I had a VP9 a could years ago and put about 1500 rounds through it over six months, and it performed well. The only issues I ever had with it was when my thumb locked the slide back when shooting. Aside from that, the gun was flawless, which really isn't a gun issue in my mind. I considered it to be a personal grip issue, which I seem to have corrected at this point. I've changed my grip to a higher position than before, which gives me better control of the gun, and positions my thumb out of the way, so we'll see how it goes.

Reactions: Big Cape

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
21,619 Posts
Too late. You've already committed Signess in your mind :D.

Reactions: GCBHM

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Too late. You've already committed Signess in your mind :D.
The first gun I ever bought was a Kel-Tec .40, which is what the manager of the gun and pawn store I frequented in TN carried. Said it was a great gun for the money, so I bought it and went to the range. It jammed on me at least five times in 50 rounds, so I immediately returned to the store and demanded a trade. They agreed to give me what I paid for it, since it was malfunctioning, and I bought a used Sig Sauer P226 (the gun I really wanted to begin with) for $499. This was in 1999, and from that moment in time the P226 became my all-time favorite handgun.

They only reason I do not carry it today, EDC, is b/c I've come to learn that your favorite gun isn't always the best gun for what you need, and the Glock 19 has solidified itself as the perfect GP/EDC/Go to gun on the planet for me. Well, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that cricket Agent M gave K (Men in Black), but until then I'll have to settle for the 19. :cool: All that to say Signess has been in my veins from the start. I supposed it always will.

Reactions: SHOOT

·
Registered
21,619 Posts
The first gun I ever bought was a Kel-Tec .40, which is what the manager of the gun and pawn store I frequented in TN carried. Said it was a great gun for the money, so I bought it and went to the range. It jammed on me at least five times in 50 rounds, so I immediately returned to the store and demanded a trade. They agreed to give me what I paid for it, since it was malfunctioning, and I bought a used Sig Sauer P226 (the gun I really wanted to begin with) for $499. This was in 1999, and from that moment in time the P226 became my all-time favorite handgun.

They only reason I do not carry it today, EDC, is b/c I've come to learn that your favorite gun isn't always the best gun for what you need, and the Glock 19 has solidified itself as the perfect GP/EDC/Go to gun on the planet for me. Well, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that cricket Agent M gave K (Men in Black), but until then I'll have to settle for the 19. :cool: All that to say Signess has been in my veins from the start. I supposed it always will.
I hear ya GC. While I have many others, I have even more Sigs.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts