SIG Talk banner

Some P320 Issues

4575 12
Some issues some buds and I have experienced recently with new P320Cs so I thought to bring it up to everyone's attention to see if anyone else has had similar problems with their's. All of these occurred on new pistols that were purchased in the Feb to Mar 2017 timeframe.

All three pistols just happen to be P320C-RX purchased from our local gun shop.

I discovered that my front sight was loose. Seemed okay when I purchased it new at the LGS. Took it home and disassembled it to clean it. No problem. Went to the range to break it in, setup my Romeo 1, and shot 100 rounds though it. No problem. During my second range visit, again with 100 rounds, I noticed the front sight sitting left of center. Tried to move it back but could not (?????!). Took it home and fixed it with my sight alignment tool. Third range visit, it moved again under recoil. This time I was able to move the sight, with some difficulty, by hand. Contacted SIG and shipped the P320 to them for repair. Very quick turnaround. They got it repaired and back to me in a week. They tell me they fixed the front sight and put 20 rounds down the tube....no problem noted. Just got the pistol back yesterday so I have not run to the range yet.

My neighbor had the same issue with his P320C-RX. It is at SIG awaiting repair.

Another friend's P320C-RX had to go back to SIG for two issues:

1 - His Romeo 1 was defective. It would not turn off once the battery was inserted and the intensity feature did not work with the red dot stuck at the highest intensity level.

2 - The take down lever was so tight he had to use pliers to move it into the disassembly position.

His gun went back to the factory. SIG replaced the Romeo with a new one and replaced some components in his trigger group. Turned it around in a week's time and my bud is a happy camper now!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Had the same problem with the Romeo on my 320C Rx. Several others have had the same problems, mostly with guns bought between December and the end of February. I think it could be defective batteries wrecking the circuit board, mine worked after I put the battery in, I shut it off and turned it back on later and it had the same problem as you friend.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
SIG's customer service has been excellent so far relative to these new P320s. I have had no other issues with any of my other SIG handguns (x7) or 556 rifle to date so this was a bit surprising. The bottomline is they are performing the repairs under warranty with no fuss and excellent turn around back to the customers. I will continue to purchase SIG firearms!

To put things in perspective, I have three Springfield Armory pistols and each of them has taken a trip back to the factory for issues. SA has excellent customer service as well but the fact that they are three up and three down with me has me wondering about their quality control.

Sig78257: I hope you were able to send your 320cRX back to the factory for repair / replacement of the Romeo. They will take care of your issue.

Reactions: Mills

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My most recent p320c-RX had the same issue with the front sight walking itself out to the left. Sig just sent out a new one that went in tight but I used some green loctite to make sure. Hasn't moved since.
They offered to send me a front sight that I could have installed my self but I wanted it on the record the pistol went back to the factory for this issue. I am familiar with blue and red loctite, what is green loctite and how is it different than blue and red?

IMHO, gun sights should be pinned in place, rather than "glued" in place, to avoid this issue from ever becoming a problem. Until I have another 500 rounds through my P320 after the front sight repair, I will not use it as my personal defense carry pistol.

Thank God I have so many other SIGs that I can carry for personal defense from my outstanding 1911 C3 Pros to my new P229 Legion!

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I've had zero problems with the front sight moving but I did experience great difficulty with a takedown lever on my 320f. No problem at all with it on my compact. Working the lever some with dry lube seemed to help with the full size. Stiff TDL is not an uncommon problem with the 320. They all seem to loosen up with use. I'm glad Sig service treated you and your bud right. That's how it should be.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have had two 320C's but my first one had issues with FTE. Sent it to sig and corrected the issue a little, but had one FTE for every 50 rounds, so i sold it. so i bought a new one in FS, and Zero issues out of 500 rounds. I bought a compact xchange kit put 500 rounds and had one light primary strike. not an issue yet, but duly noted

Reactions: GTGunner

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
I have 4 P320s in 9mm and 1 in .45.

Outside of problems with my TacOps carry when a suppressor is mounted (mentioned in another thread) I've had zero problems with any of the guns.

Reactions: GTGunner

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great to hear you guys are having minimal problems. Other than my issue with the front sight, my 320RX Compact has been flawless with no FTEs so far after 300 rounds. After its visit to SIG, I hope the issues are behind me.

BTW.......today I picked up a new 320 X-Five in 9mm. Sweet looking gun. The take down lever is also hard to move the final 1/8 inch to the disassembly position. I will see if it loosens up after some use but for now it seems like I will need some pliers to move it that final bit. Geeeeesh!

·
Registered
47 Posts
They offered to send me a front sight that I could have installed my self but I wanted it on the record the pistol went back to the factory for this issue. I am familiar with blue and red loctite, what is green loctite and how is it different than blue and red?

IMHO, gun sights should be pinned in place, rather than "glued" in place, to avoid this issue from ever becoming a problem. Until I have another 500 rounds through my P320 after the front sight repair, I will not use it as my personal defense carry pistol.

Thank God I have so many other SIGs that I can carry for personal defense from my outstanding 1911 C3 Pros to my new P229 Legion!
It took me a while to trust mine again too. Green loctite is for friction fit or press fit applications and not for threads. Dawson precision recommends green loctite on items such as front sights that are meant to be left alone and not drifted for windage adjustments. Once dry it stays in place firmly unless it gets very hot. Basically dont use green loctite if you plan on wanting to easily move your sight again

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great to hear you guys are having minimal problems. Other than my issue with the front sight, my 320RX Compact has been flawless with no FTEs so far after 300 rounds. After its visit to SIG, I hope the issues are behind me.

BTW.......today I picked up a new 320 X-Five in 9mm. Sweet looking gun. The take down lever is also hard to move the final 1/8 inch to the disassembly position. I will see if it loosens up after some use but for now it seems like I will need some pliers to move it that final bit. Geeeeesh!
I also got an X5 recently. Had a terrible first trip to the range. Out of 100 rounds it probably malfunctioned 30 times. All FTEs. Slide was not locking back either.

I had given it a couple drops of oil before heading to the range that first day, but that's about it. Very frustrated, I went back home and gave it a very healthy lube job with lucas oil. The next day I went back to the range with my other FCU and slide, ready to swap out parts to try and isolate the problem.

With the same ammo, same mags, and without changing a thing, she ran like a champ; absolutely zero issues. Positive ejection and locked back every time. I guess these X-5s have tighter lockup/tolerances and need to run a little more wet, at least at the beginning.

Just wanted to share my experience in case others had issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Green Loctite is absolutely permanent! It's like welding the sight in place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.