SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My primary interest is in 1911s but I have a side interest in revolvers as well. In the past couple of years I have purchased some very nice revolvers from 30 to 60 years old. I have realized that I am more interested in the older revolvers I have than I am the new ones. So I am posting two newer revolvers for sale here on Sigtalk.

This one is a Ruger sp101 revolver in 22 caliber with a 4 inch barrel. Two sets of grips are included, the originals and some nice checkered wooden grips I added. I bought this as a plinker but recently picked up a vintage S&W Model 17-4 in 22 as well (Not for sale!). I really only need one 22 revolver so I am offering this one for sale.

It would come boxed as new with the revolver, two sets of grips, manual, lock, etc. It is model #5765. New prices for this gun run from $643 at Bud’s to $675 at Sportman’s. There are some much higher prices but they are not real world in my opinion. These do not include the wood grips which ran me about $65. So using a bench mark of around $700 for the revolver and wood grips, I am asking SOLD which includes the $35 shipping fee that my FFL charges to ship to your FFL.

Payment may be made by PayPal friends and family (no fee). Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Where in Illinois are you located?

·
Registered
423 Posts
its a beuty, id love to gift my son that as a plinker.. dont want to low ball you, but thats a giood looking revolver

does it have the heavy 10 lbs trigger ?

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a beuty, id love to gift my son that as a plinker.. dont want to low ball you, but thats a giood looking revolver

does it have the heavy 10 lbs trigger ?
PM sent to you. Also for others looking at this I put a Wolff 8 pound spring in this revolver which makes a big difference without sacrificing reliability. The joys of a revolver.

I also have a lighter Wolff trigger spring which I never got around to installing. It would be included.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I erred in my previous post. I was operating from memory. I also have a Ruger sp101 from 1989 but it is 38 special. That is the one I installed the 8 pound hammer spring into. The trigger return spring for the 22 is 8 pounds. This is not installed but will be included along with the rest of the hammer spring options in the Wolff sp101 22 kit.

Sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.